I for one, am kind of tired of Nick Saban kissing the other teams ass

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J_Oats, Sep 10, 2001.

1. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Saban found good things to say about Tulane after they had lost 70-35 to BYU. It is one thing to not want to give them BBoard material, but he takes it to an extreme. It is hard for me to read those Weekly luncheon reports.

2. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

J Oats

All I can say is, if he did the opposite and said that he thinks the Tigers are better than their opponents, it would do nothing but look bad on the school. No coach in the nation would get up in front of a room full of media, and say he was going to kick someones ass. It just makes since to respect every team you face, no matter how small the school is or what their football team has done in the past. There is a lot more parity in college football these days. I think we have seen that from teams like UAB, and Houston in the recent past.

3. job22070

job22070 Freshman

You say you have a hard listening to the lunch meetings......why not just turn 'em off and/or don't listen. The man is rebuilding our team and deserves all the breaks he can get from fickle LSU fans.
    Best wishes for a great Tiger season......jim:

4. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

What

How am I being fickle? I never said he was a bad coach, or had a bad team, I havn't changed my opinion about him at all. I read the luncheon reports because he says other things I'm interested in. My point is can't he just say "(insert next opponent here) Is a good team with a lot of talented players and a good coaching staff. They will be a challange for our team." Instead he writes a novel about the other team, everything he's learned from film and scouting he seems to want to talk about. He talks about how many yards the running back gained in the 3rd game of the season in his freshman year. I don't want to hear that.