I deserve it

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by six pack dan, Nov 4, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's development. Harris was recruited highly by a lot of teams so was Rettig and Jennings, and Lee, and Mettenberger. Les, god dammit I really wish he would have changed his offensive philosophy. Even Nick Saban adapted in the ever changing world of college offense. 10 years ago if you talk to Nick Saban and Les about offense and I bet it their principles and how they want to run O is similar. Credit Saban for changing because he was getting beat by the offenses he runs now. Not much but in big games.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

again, i don’t know if it was his actual philosophy and lack of evolving, or his not really knowing HOW to fix things.

because his OCs were all different.
    so his offense did technically change. it just never got better. it just found a different way to be bad.

and that’s why he’s gone.
    he needed to figure out a way to not be terrible and he couldn’t do it.
    i don’t think it was from stubbornness or lack of effort.
    i think it was from lack of ability to figure out how.

3. LaSalleAve

OC's were all different but other than Jimbo and what he did with the bubble and receiver screens didn't the offenses look relatively the same regardless of coordinator? I mean you had the option in there that kind of moved back to option out of shotgun with the zone read and getting rid of the traditional option from under center. Passing game looked the same throughout sans bubble and receiver screens.

ParadiseiNC and shane0911 like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

The philosophy was running power football with 2 tight ends blocking and 2 receivers. Typical I formation and then zone read from the shotgun, then play action with your 2 flankers running routes by the sideline. That's basically it. That may work if you have a dominant offensive line and highly skilled qb that can throw dimes.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, BHarris is now under different mentorship with same (or worse) results.

None of those QBs went beyond LSU and overcame that bad coaching.

So, I’d say a bit of both. Bad recruiting decisions and bad coaching. Since he had what 5 different OCs coaching them over the years, to me CLM is the common denominator and it falls on him.

6. LaSalleAve

How do we know Miles and company didn't do permanent damage to those guys though? Not 1 qb has been successful post Les Miles.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Other QBs have had bad coaching and their talent or drive has overcome it. Do you think Favre got good coaching from Curley?

Bengal B likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

Obviously there are exceptions to rules, I mean hell Cam Cameron coached Drew Brees and Philip Rivers, Harbaugh Elvis Grbac and Randle El.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When the Crow flew the coop Les never gave another OC the authority to runthe offense wxcept in a manner consistent with the Schembechler method. I believe that Cameron was just a bad OC and wouldn't have succeeded ever if he was free to to it his way. On the other hand they ran the same offense under Stud. Bowling Green had the #1 offense in the country when Stud was OC there.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i view Stud a little differently than the rest.
    he was thrown in literally at the last minute right before the season and did what he could.
    only reason he even got a 2nd year is because we did go undefeated with him.
    i don’t think he had any intentions of actually being the OC and was unprepared to do it full time.