I deleted Facebook

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 9, 2015.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

How many of your friends know that you post on Tigerfan? I only have a couple.

I discovered that my cousin posts on the other LSU site recently. It was interesting to read his thoughts on controversial topics that he would never share on FB. He definitely considers his profile on that site as mostly anonymous. While I do the same thing here, I don't think there is anything I've said on this site that I'd want to hide from friends. Well, except for some good things about Saban in the early years.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I talk to my friends in person and on the phone. I know how most of them feel about a lot of issues. Communicating with people on TigerFan who I probably would never know on Facebook is a great way to get different perspectives from lots of people for whom many the only thing in common is our love for LSU football.

I know, there are groups on th for about everything but on TF it's all conveniently organized into subforums and we can carry on simultaneous conversations with one or many persons at the same time. TF is a lot more loose and freewheeling than any of the few th groups I have looked at.

Red the Robot might need a new processor. I noticed a spelling error the othe day.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Of course not... But people like me who post opinions on local politics, such as the St. George issue, are not appreciated by some of the higher-ups.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't really want to know what my friends think about same-sex marriage, actually. There are two things I simply do not discuss with friends/acquaintances: religion and politics. People get so emotionally-charged over both areas.

I "sort of" identify as a Republican, I guess. However, my best friends are big-time democrats (which should maybe tell me something), but their being democrats does not affect how I feel about them. It only makes me wonder if my leanings are politically more in that direction since the people I like the most are democrats. But my friends don't know what I am politically.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

thats funny, because I have friends who are fairly conservative. Being conservative is not bad if its for the right reasons. Social conservatives, i cant really deal with.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Regarding politics, I don't care what side of the aisle you're on if you discuss it in a reasonable manner. It's definitely hard to do that on FB and I refrain from any comments in that area (or religion). FB also gives you a window into some people that you thought were normal but now realize that you should avoid in real life going forward.

StaceyO likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I am not "mystical". Omniscient, for sure.

Perfect.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am ashamed of you for letting that bitch win.

Just joking...I was just telling my side of it and not judging you for making your decision.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, the social conservatives are very judgemental and scary.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Thats why that Kim Davis lady scares me, she certainly isnt reading the same bible that I do.