I deleted Facebook

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 9, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I finally did it. I deleted my Facebook account and I must say, life is easier. No more bullshit pissing me off, no more politics. No more Facebook heroes who think they are social activists by posting stupid rants, no more parents gloating about their ugly kids and putting pictures of themselves and their kids or putting pictures of the food they cooked or are eating. It's nice man. I've been wanting to do it ever since I watched that Mark Cuban video about how the government is collecting data on people or how employers use the information to fire people.

Has anyone else gotten rid of Facebook? I imagine a lot of people on here never even had a Facebook page, but for those of you who are on Facebook, would you ever think about deleting your account?

tigerchick46 likes this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It's a way of keeping up with people for me. But, my oh my, are there some mofos that get on my last freakin' nerve on there. I hate the politcal rants from the right and the left. I hate the people that believe every damn thing that gets spread around. The Jesus freaks are nauseating with crap like "Share if you love Jesus; Ignore if you love Satan." Wtf?

And then there are the people I went to high school with. Oh my...

But it's entertaining.

Tiger in NC and fanatic like this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I stay on it because my TV station uses it and I have to keep an eye on that page. Other than Candy Crush, I rarely use it personally. I pretty much went off the grid a couple of months ago. Add to the list of stupidity, people who have personal conversations with family members that any "friends" can read, and the comment "so cute/pretty" in response to every damn picture that gets posted.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What is facebook?

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Oh, right...the people who feel it's appropriate to air their drama, filled with profanity, for all the world to see on FB. So weird.

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Facebook group for Family Reunion info. Facebook group for my subdivision info. Facebook chat group for poker night. That is about the extent that I use it. Oh, and to send a "happy birthday" message to people I don't see anymore.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

So Tigerfan is next?

Bengal B likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have a facebook page for one reason . . . to keep someone from putting a phony one out there. It has minimal information and I rarely visit it. I never have time to read the stream of trivia that floods in. I just don't care.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't know about "a lot" but I've never had one. I realize there are some things I miss out on, mostly pics of family and friends but I'm okay with that. I don't allow my kids to have or use social media at this point. My daughter signed herself up for snapchat....I was perusing her phone, found it, and now it's gone, gone, gone.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have a facebook account but I didn't use my real name or regular email address to sign up. You probably wouldn't be surprised to know how much you can find out about people who don't set up their privacy settings.

And red, unless you have a really unusual or unique name there will be facebook accounts for people with the same name as you.