I come in peace to fill you in on something

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Dick the Bruiser, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Dick the Bruiser

Dick the Bruiser Freshman

Cant remember the yardage Bama put on us,... but it was bad. It was just like I described too,.... we had some huge sacks,... some big hits in the backfield,... then a million plays where we just got GASHED right up the gut!

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Defense is not the problem.

3. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

Ask any UT fan why they call Chavis "third and Chavis". UT fans were also critical of him and "glad" to see him go. A lot of time it's a be careful what you wish for type of thing. I still think Arsnda will be a huge improvement over Steele.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

not in the big scheme of things, but this defense appears like it wont be dominant enough to cover the utter ineptitude of a les miles offense

so those games where we end up eeking out a win we will instead heart breakingly lose, the wisconsin game being a perfect case in point

in the past, the defense prevents wisconsin from going down the field to kick the go ahead fg and les miles is the beneficiary

consider the fact that this wisconsin offense could easily be the worst the big 12 has to offer

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We dont have the depth. We haven't had Dline Depth in a very long time.

oCnsidering they were on the field the entire 1st half, I was pleased.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That's a hell of a request for any DC.

lsu_dane likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Comments like this make people ignore you.

Sure blame this on the D.

Meanwhile LSU managed a nice 30 fuckin yards in the 1st half.

Richdog and Rouxleaux like this.
  8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

n

Henry ran for 147 against the badgers. But a lot of it came on two long runs. So, about what LF7 got Saturday. Also, you'll recall whisky lost their defensive leader, Caputo, who lined up in our backfield, on the first drive of the game. Wisconsin was stopped too often with 3 and outs and got very one dimensional in the game. That eventually wore out your defense. I thought Wisconsin did a decent job with pressure. The LBs were very active and overall the defense played hard assignment football and didn't quit, even at the end. I give the DC props for that.

tirk likes this.
  9. Dick the Bruiser

Dick the Bruiser Freshman

Back for a quick second before the BBQ.........

Man,.... no matter how bad you think you have it, you should really be counting your lucky stars that you arent in our shoes. 1st,... your in a region where football can be played and practiced ALL YEAR, not so up here. Then we also face a recruiting challenge that is pretty hard to overcome. Lets say your this hotshot High school FB player,..... where you wanna go? The sunny beaches of Florida, or some other fair weather school... or the cold and snow driven Madison Wisconsin? LOL Then to top it all off,..UW is known far and wide for doing it the right way. No giving scholarships to kids that can hardly read, no PAYING them with fancy cars, ect ect. They just absolutely WILL NOT do it. Sometimes I wish they would just cheat JUST A LITTLE! LOL We lose kids every year because they cant pass the entry exam yet they dont seem to have a problem getting in at other schools. I know it will take almost a miracle for me to ever see my team win a National championship. We have been close a few times,.... but I WANT MORE! So heres what we do instead....... we recruit smart kids, try hard kids, kids that truly LOVE the game. Kids that will run thru a wall for you, kids that play the game full tilt like their hair is on fire. Thats the only way we can compete. Were getting the 2 and 3 stars, once in a blue moon a 4 star,...NEVER a 5 star. Only advantage we have is man oh man in the central part of the state, where the farms are,... they are some HUGE farm kids there. Kids that are used to working their asses off so football camp is almost like a joke to them. Its nothing. Makes for some great offensive lineman. Believe me,.... you guys have it made in a whole lot of ways. Your team will get it done at some point,... way too much talent not to.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

revert....not revert back