I come in peace to fill you in on something

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Dick the Bruiser, Sep 5, 2016.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The big fat guy (Jamarcus Russell) was big in college, but not fat. Going to the Raiders was probably the worst team he could've gone to, but that's neither here nor there at this point.

LSU QB's (and their development) is a real problem. I did not expect Harris to come out and look like a freshman (high school freshman, that is) against UW. But he did...and that may be a generous assessment.

I will admit to not knowing much (if anything) about Aranda, but I wasn't very impressed with his unit on Saturday, either. There were some turnovers, and according to you, that should not be a surprise when going up against Bart "Starr" Houston (who still managed to look better than Harris.). But we weren't aggressive, and the tackling was pitiful--and honestly, the tackling is ultimately the most important part of a defensive, "scheme" be damned.

Those of us on the board over the age of 30 will definitely remember a defensive coordinator named Lou Tepper, who also had a defense that couldn't tackle. It led to DiNardo's downfall. I will have to see more of Aranda before I make my own judgement; however, DBU didn't look like itself on Saturday.

2. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

So haveing the best defense in the nation last year and top five in the last 2 years is "fraud". Nice try

3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

They are old buddies from what I understand. I don't know what to make of it.

4. StaceyO

Old buddies is a bit of an understatement. I think it is more like they were each other's best man in their weddings.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

They are getting paid!

6. Dick the Bruiser

Dick the Bruiser Freshman

Like I said in my earlier posts. Stat wise they get fat on CHUMPS. Then when they play a team that is not only talented but SOUND,... they get gashed. I cant stress this enuff,....Im not saying Aranda has to hold Bama under 17 points to be considered good,....But under high 20's? Yeah,... with your talent that SHOULD be doable. He wont though,... in fact he will have a hard time holding them under 40/45 or so. His defense is UNSOUND. Smart teams LIVE FOR THAT because once you get down the blitzes you can feast on them with big plays.

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Sure, but I don't know that that matters much in terms of whether or not Cameron is going to challenge Miles.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I for one appreciate the first guys comments, but several response have been right on point. We got 99 problems and Aranda ain't one.

9. Dick the Bruiser

Dick the Bruiser Freshman

In fact,....the truly well coached and talented teams that have their schitt together actually BEG defenses to blitz them. They know where the blitzes are coming from,... they block them up,....then they gobble up yards like you cant believe. Nothing under the sun is NEW, its all been done before. Its not like Aranda is working from some playbook thats so exotic that its never been seen....LOL

10. StaceyO

I don't know if it will matter or not, but there is a chance Cam won't really challenge his friend.