I come in peace to fill you in on something

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Dick the Bruiser, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

1f21c61101a2f0d28203a88b1a35cfbcd8d9ab8805b55d0f00dc7268a89a1c4f.jpg

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

At least half came on that last drive. We were pitiful on offense, just pitiful. And honestly, with Fournette injured, Guice really should be seeing more action (Williams, too.) Fournette is not last year's Fournette, so running back by committee (including Brosette) should be the way to go on that.

lsu-i-like and islstl like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Are sign of intelligent life at last!

4. bowe

bowe Senior Member

LSU has zero 4th Quarter points all year. So the change at QB hasn't helped at all. Maybe the change at HC will do it.

GregLSU, islstl and StaceyO like this.
  5. Dick the Bruiser

Dick the Bruiser Freshman

Heres the thing. With the kind of talent that you can can recruit year after year you guys are going to end up in GREAT shape eventually no matter what happens. All you really need right now with this current team is a QB that can actually pass the ball. Do that,.... and you guys are in fantastic shape.

On Aranda,.... again,. with the kind of kids you guys can recruit they are the kind of players who can overcome mistakes brought on by Aranda's gambling style. If a mistake is made, your athletes have the skill level to cover it up. Not so with Wisconsin. We cant cover up mistakes made by the massive holes that can be left in the middle of the field by Aranda's gambling style. Going forward LSU football will be a powerhouse. No doubt about it. You do have to send Les Miles packing though.

Bayou Tiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It's refreshing to be able to see an outsider's impartial summation of our situation. We do need to make a change, and it needs to be soon. I have loved Les Miles, the man, and I used to love Les Miles, the coach--even with his gaffes, but something is very wrong these days in Baton Rouge (aside from the fact that the entire region is reeling from historic flooding and tragedy in our law enforcement community.)

In a perfect world, Les would call a press conference tomorrow and pull a Steve Spurrier...and just retire. Effective immediately.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's what he should do, but he won't. He still doesn't know that there is a problem.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

For me, the jury is still out on Aranda. The only thing I knew about him was the 59-0 loss to Ohio St. in the B1G championship game a few years ago. Now, I don't know if the defense was gassed because the offense left them on the field the whole game or if the Suckeyes had TDs on defense/special teams, but that's the first thing I thought of when I found out we hired him.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Give Aranda a freaking Break! Been here 8 months, coached for only 4 games, just getting to know his personnel well, working for an offensive buffoon who keeps his defense tired and demotivated and still holding opponents to 17 points per game with half those points being field goals. I am simply astounded by anyone questioning defense by Aranda at this stage. The only name that should be negatively mentioned here is yes Howdy Doody himself Lester Miles blog_HowdyDoodyTime.jpg

10. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I like a little gamble in my defense, even though I know it could lead to a big play. I rather an aggressive D as opposed to letting a team methodically drive the length of the field. It works better when you have the athletes to pull it off. 2011 D was exciting to watch.

I do feel like @StaceyO when it comes to Miles. I like the man and his clean style of running the program but not the coach as of late. The fire is gone and they should have handled him with respect and let him go last year. It should have been done professionally and without all the drama. I also wonder about his health, as something just doesn't seem right with his interviews and public appearances. I wish him well but ready for a new coach.

lsu-i-like, GregLSU and StaceyO like this.