I blamed last week's loss on Canada.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex, Oct 8, 2017.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

And, he was leading on the sideline, which is much easier for a senior than a freshman. That affects both sides of the ball, thus impacts the game more.

2. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

You are probably right. It's not like we are going anywhere this year, so we might as well set ourselves up to have solid QB play next year. I wouldn't bench DE completely, and I wouldn't start Brennan, but I would definitely start to get him significant playing time.

3. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

True. And, if it weren't from some of those really gutsy runs he made, we would have lost the game.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

When the discussion turns to getting freshman QB's playing time, I always think back to the Arnsparger days. Hodson was the unquestioned starting QB, but Bill always had Mickey Guidry run at least one series a half, by design. It seemed to benefit Hodson, because he got coached up while watching those series, but more importantly, when TH got hurt and Guidry had to start and go the distance at Bama, he was prepared and we won.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah I think the thing that was more important than anything was he didn't turn the ball over. He didn't lose the game. I don't think we can rely on Danny to go out and win a game when LSU is trailing, but it looks like he can protect a lead. I did think though that we got way too conservative at the end. It worked out but I reminded me of the Mettenberger Alabama game when we just conceded

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Any talk of Brennan starting is just nuts. Etling may not have much talent, but he isn't going to panic and fold under pressure like a freshman will.

ExoticGlass1 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

How could you say LSU was fun to watch when their qb looked like he didn't belong on the field?

8. didit

didit Veteran Member

And the middle of the field... Danny only throws short outs or deep... No working the middle with backs and tight ends... He either pulls the trigger too late or stares down his receiver...

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Again I don't understand trying to manage 8 wins at most (much more likely 6 or 7) with Etling vs getting Brennan the needed reps heading into 2018.

So when we go 6-6 and headed to the independence bowl, y'all will say it was worth not giving up on the season by playing a true freshman?

10. didit

didit Veteran Member

Well, there was the late out pass he threw that was a pick six had the DB not dropped it...