I blamed last week's loss on Canada.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

It's clear to me now that Canada got pissed during the week because that was NOT his offense against Troy.

Whether we had won or lost I can say this for the very first time in what seems like forever: LSU was fun to watch, and I imagine most of the country was thinking the same.

I'll also say this: if Etling had been simply decent instead of downright awful we wouldn't have had to sweat the fourth quarter. Some of those missed plays were brilliant.

Brian, LSU_4_LIFE, kcal and 5 others like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It's not just Etling. Our receivers coach is pretty poopy. Hope he can recruit like a boss before we fire him.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Canada's offense is exactly what this team needed. Etling is a tough, seasoned, veteran that just doesn't have much arm talent. He also either holds the ball too long or commits too early. There is no middle ground. He just isn't a very good quarterback.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Lasalle is probably right which explains why our recievers are not a big part of our offense. Been frustrated and puzzled why we are not using them. They are pretty much starting to atrophy from lack of use. Hope we don't have a mass exodus after the year is over.

5. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Gene Chizik said that yesterday was the first time this year that he actually saw LSU run Canada's offense. I love Etling, he's a blue-collar give it all he's got player but there's a reason he couldn't crack the starting job at Purdue. I'm not saying to bench DE, but this is the year to let Brennan make rookie mistakes and learn from them.

LSU_4_LIFE, didit, CaryLab and 2 others like this.
  6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

The way Etling runs, Brennan is going to get his shot sooner rather than later. For better or for worse.

Pjoe likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Isn't Mickey Joseph coaching WRs? Not impressed.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Isn't he relatively new? If concerns are persistent over a year or two, I'd be more worried. Young wide receivers, young coach, just need to mature hopefully.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Cant blame Joseph until we know it's not the offensive system yet. Would love to see the WRs utilized a lot more.

10. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

This offense does look much different under Brennan. Danny is an average QB and in any other situation would be the backup. But the guy plays with a lot of heart and toughness. I was impressed with the leadership I saw. He missed some open shots that would have made a big difference in the game, made some mistakes, but the guy didn't quit. That grit, the kind we saw from everyone on that field, will give you a chance to win and is exactly the kind of fight I was hoping to see. Lots to build on from that performance.

kcal, ROY_LA_CA and ParadiseiNC like this.