I am not even remotely pissed....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Sep 26, 2020.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Thanks Taint

Brennan sucks

2. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

"LSU became the first defending national champion to lose its opening game since Michigan in 1998 lost at Notre Dame."

I'm pissed & embarrassed. Saw a terribly unprepared LSU team play today. Both sides of the ball.

Brian, LSU_4_LIFE and Perple like this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It’s the governor’s fault for making Coach O wear that phuckin mask.

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

that means the game will probably be counted as a covid death

5. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

[​IMG]

Perple and GiantDuckFan like this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Slept on it. Still disgusted.

Defense: Re-watched some of the 12 big pass plays by State and Jay Ward looked really bad. Flott not as bad but not great. Losing Stingley was a much bigger impact than we thought, because Ward has been hurt and was completely un-prepared. These are talented kids who lacked experience. Give them time. We were absolutely killed by those crossing routes, expect everyone we play to try and exploit those if we can’t figure out some sort of zone. The pass rush was explosive and Mississippi State got away with a lot of holding. We’re going to be ok up front and force a lot of turnovers this year.

All that said, we have to give some credit to Leach and especially Costello. He put some balls on the money. If he can maintain that, LSU will not be the only team they take it to this year. They caught us at the perfect time. They would have beaten A&M, Auburn and Georgia had they played them yesterday (pretty much all but Bama and Florida, those would have been good games.). There is a strong possibility Mississippi State is much better than they’re getting credit for. They definitely have one of the best QB’s and offenses in the league.

Offense: This unit isn’t ready for as much 5 wide as last year. Too many times a Mississippi State pass rusher was in our backfield completely untouched while our o-line was looking around for their man to block, especially off the left side. Both Brennan and that Harvard kid need do a better job at reading the defense pre snap. There were several missed assignments at the LOS. Even the few times we kept Gilbert in to block, he whiffed on a few. Lots of dropped balls that would have extended some of those 1st 5 possessions that ended in punts. That 3-3-5 really confused Myles Brennan. He didn’t know who was rushing and who was dropping, neither did our O-Line. Brennan isn’t Joe Burrow (we knew that), but I’m not ready to say he’s Jarrett Lee just yet. He definitely looked confused out there but he looked good when he actually knew where we wanted to go with the ball. He looked like a QB in his first start absolutely terrified to make a mistake. He has to find a swag, or he will never break that. Both Marshal and Jenkins looked really good and I think our red-zone offense should have more 50/50 balls in the corner to Arik Gilbert. Those may end up being 70/30 balls to be honest. I’m not a fan of the 3 RB rotation either. None of them were able to get into a rhythm and it hurt us.

All in all, we got our ass kicked. It’s embarrassing but it’s reality. It’s going to be a long season and if we expect an SEC championship we’re in for a huge disappointment. It will be interesting watching this team improve and I do think we’re talented enough to win a big game we’re not supposed to this year.

Now I’m headed to the golf course to polish off my weekend.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Rick's was getting beaten on almost every play. I know he's a freshman playing his first college game but with all the hype he had coming in zi had at least expected 4to be Stingley Lite

Hou-duco and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

All good points

9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Plenty of blame to around. Ricks definitely got his dose as well. It was disgusting to witness.

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Thanks for the synopsis of your film study. Much appreciated. Keep up the good work. I’m not being sarcastic either.