I am curious what you guys would rather see...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tappy, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Tappy

Tappy Veteran Member

Let's admit this now... The ONLY team in the nation that has any chance what so ever at beating LSU is Bama. I am not saying they can, or will, but you have to agree none the less... With that said, would you rather see a rematch for the national championship, or would you rather play Ok st or Stanford? BTW, a lot of people are saying that we get Boise. That won't happen in any case, because we would get the loser out of Ok st, or Stanford. If they both lose, we get the rematch.

I personally would like the opportunity for another great match up, and what Bama fan wouldn't? However, I would be just as happy with our two teams explaining to the rest of the BITCHING COLLEGE FOOTBALL NATION, why we are the two best teams in the nation, and will dominate whomever we play.

So many people are saying our offenses suck now, that Stanford/Ok st/Boise would beat either team because of their offense. It's funny to me that these people are saying this now, after last weekend. Of course our offenses looked bad, they were up against the two best defenses in the nation, who would make any offense look bad!

So out of curiosity, what do u guys think?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'd rather not play Bama again for several reasons.

1. It's always difficult to beat a team twice in one season, even if its Ole Miss.

2. We beat Bama head-to head in their own stadium and won. We should not have to play them again unless it's the best of three which will never happen.

3. OSU or Stanford deserves a shot at LSU if undefeated. Maybe even Boise.

4. Bama and LSU should both win out for the good of the SEC and show that we have superior offenses and that the defensive struggle in Tuscaloosa was an example of what happens when top defenses meet.

3. Tappy

Tappy Veteran Member

I can't disagree... Which is weird when it comes to you :)

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I like you Tappy.... a reasonable Bama fan like Tusk Times. Good to see you are staying around. Best of luck to you the rest of the year.

5. StarmanT

StarmanT Veteran Member

If at the end of the season, LSU is 1 and Ala is 2, or vice versa - then I hope we see you in New Orleans. The top two should play for the NC. I would like a rematch.

And btw, have these people seen the points these 2 teams put on everyone else they have played? Sucky offenses? I dont think so.

6. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I agree with Red as well.

But, you nailed it with this:However, I would be just as happy with our two teams explaining to the rest of the BITCHING COLLEGE FOOTBALL NATION, why we are the two best teams in the nation, and will dominate whomever we play.

Our two O's are, today, the most sore, bruised & battered guys in all of CFB for the constant beating they took running against two legendary D's. Ask them--they've been quoted much about it. Some of the players from the game are probably still pissing blood as their bodies work out the damage.

As I've said before the game, there will be no shame to the loser of this matchup. I put all the blame on Saban's/coaches play calling and loss of control.

Let each amazing team now go forward to unleash whoopazz onto every team we encounter for the rest of the season. Y'all know that the whole country will be taking it all in!

:lsup::LSU231::crystal::LSU231::lsup:

7. Akcajunz

Akcajunz Frozen Tiger Fan!

Tappy,
    I agree with Red55 on all counts. But lets put the shoe on the other foot...say if Bama had beat us and you went undefeated in the regular season and then had to play another game in the SECCG, and then, because LSU won out and other teams lost, do you think you would think its fair to give LSU another chance to play you in the BCS Champinoship game? You would most probably say that LSU did not earn that spot. And rightly so because if a team cant win their conference championship, how do they deserve to play for the National championship? That honor should go to the highest BCS ranked team that has won their conference.

But if it does end up being an LSU/Bama National Championship game...Good Luck to you! It would definately be another edge of your seat nail biter! GEAUX TIGERS!

:tigereye::LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  8. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I am of the mind set that if you can't win your conference you should not be playing for best in the nation. That goes for SEC as well. If we should lose our championship game then we should not play either. I know some conferences could have two or three of the best teams but you settle that in house. It is the system we have, until we go to a playoff we are stuck with lose and your out.

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

To put it bluntly .... I have to agree with them. LSU and Bama do not have top-flight offenses. The only reason that either team is at the top is because their defenses are good enough to hold the top-notch offenses to less points ... AND ... all the teams with top notch offenses have pathetic defenses ... so pathetic that Bama and LSU are able to put up enough points on them to win.

It's no knock to Trent Richardson, he is the indisputed best back in the Nation ...but the offenses as a whole for both Bama and LSU are not fire powers.

I was just comparing in another thread, AR put up 14 points on you guys, without a run game. D. Johnson is finding his feet now days, so they'd probably lay another 3-7 ponits on you guys.

LSU only put up 3 offensive points on you guys, the other six were due to good F.P. off the int and OT placement. Bama only put up 23 offensive points on AR's pathetic Defense, and that was without Bequette ... which would be like Bama playing without Hightower or maybe Upshaw.

If LSU had LSU's defense, and AR's offense ..you guys would have lost, 14-6 in regulation. BUT .. we don't. If you guys had WVU offense and Bama's defense ... you guys would have beat us 21-6. But again ..you don't.

On your initial question .. I want Bama and LSU to play the top-notch offenses ... to show what the offenses do against the best defenses, and to show what the best defenses do against the best offenses. It would be a travesty to not have it play out that way.

A rematch would be like watching the second coat of paint dry.

10. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

I would rather see LSU vs Stanford or Okie St, to show how over rated their offenses are. Everyone loves them because they are flashy and put up big numbers. Our contest with Bama sat has been kicked around like a red headed step child due to the low scoring. The idiots in the media say we have no offense, which is completely ignorant considering we were both averaging approx 40pts/game coming into Sat's matchup.

Provided that we both win out I want both of our teams to once again show that "Defense wins championships" in both the NCG and the Sugarbowl. Geaux Tigers and Roll Tide!