Hypothetically speaking...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, May 30, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

these contracts surely specify they play for the local school, else they have no value to the local business.

its possible a large business like nike might pay regardless of school, but even they probably care about getting the kid in the biggest market, and would specify that team/town/market in the contract

Perple likes this.
  2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

You make a great point and I think a lot of Louisiana would still go to LSU, but these days that's a lot of money to say no to.

Perple likes this.
  3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I was just thinking about that situation. We all hear these crazy numbers being thrown out, but are those amounts for one year or many years? I'm thinking they're year to year because one's value can up tremendously in one year, but it can also go down real fast too with a big injury or lack of production.

Perple likes this.
  4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Very true.

One potential silver lining is that it may encourage the best players to actually play an entire season rather than playing just half a season & sitting out the rest. Depending on how the deal is structured of course. If I'm paying an athlete, I'd backload the deal, to where he collects the largest amount by far after the last game of the season.

Might help eliminate some pre-Bama hammys & phantomish high ankle sprains.

Hou-duco and mctiger like this.
  5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree with what you're saying about backloading the deal, but the player's hold all the power which would make a deal like that very unlikely. The players want the guaranteed money upfront and if one particular school doesn't want to pay up, another school will gladly step up and pay to get that player. Realistically, official visits have little to no value because it all comes down to money and who's willing to fork out the most.

Perple likes this.
  6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

As if these kids werent whores before now it is just outright sickening what they have done to college football. These kids and monet has made them professionals and they were already pampered now they are just whores. At least 70 percent of them anyway.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the kids

Winston1 likes this.
  8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I don't blame the kids at all. Cheating has been going on for a long time and all the big boys have been doing it. Now it's all out in the open and it gets people upset because of the sums of money being tossed around. It's been college football's dirty little secret that everyone knew was going on, but no one wanted to talk about it. This is what you get when the NCAA turns a blind eye to cheating instead of dealing with it and now you have a complete mess. A great example is baseball turning its back on steroids and over time it blows up in your face.