Hypocritical GOP strikes again with 'federal government knows best'

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Remember when the GOP was the party that always said the federal government should stay away from overriding state laws, challenging state laws, making federal mandates to supersede state law, etc. Well, shock upon shock, all of a sudden Sapling and his administration of bribe takers has decided to challenged the California zero emissions law (link provided below). Add to this the challenge by Ashcroft (you remember him the guy who said that HE AND HIS DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE would not try to make or overturn laws but simply enforce laws) to the Oregon assisted suicide law, any state wanting to legalize marijuana for medical patient usage only, opposing the pharmaceutical laws that some of the New England states are trying to make that would restrict the price of prescription drugs to the American equivalence of what Canada pays, etc., and you have the typical bribe taking, big business loving, hypocritical 'states should be allowed to legislate unless they hurt our political campaign contributors' GOP, etc. that makes that party a bunch of scam artists. Thus, in this case the ECO-TERRORIST Osama Bin Sapling strikes again. Just like his executive order that is trying to allow coal burning plants to exceed Clean Air Law limitations, Sapling doesn't mind sacrificing the health of Americans in order to fulfill his end of the campaign contribution bribes.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20021010/ap_on_go_pr_wh/california_emissions_3

2. Sophandros

Sophandros Freshman

You know what? Believe it or not, I say we should all raise our middle fingers to the two (really one) major parties and find a viable "third party" candidate who isn't a part of this BS system.

3. BleedP&G

BleedP&G Member

What's ironic is that Tom, who whined, complained and had a tantrum like a child because someone stated that Democrats wanted illegal votes counted and actually went as far as accusing a person of Libel, is THE MOST venomous, mud-slinging, name-calling person on this board.

Tom is like that one child in a group of children who is always hitting, stealing toys from the other children and generally just being a pain in the ass but then runs crying to mommy when he gets his feelings hurt.

The guy is such a whining hypocrite, one cannot even take his posts seriously. Chalk one more down for the loony-left.

Yawn

[Moderators addition - I guess I have to remind everyone again to avoid personal name calling toward specific members of the forum. If I don't bring it up here I might be labeled as a hypocrite again! - EH]

4. Sophandros

Sophandros Freshman

Again, Tom is not a member of the Left--he's a Democrat. There is currently a huge void in the political Left when it comes to American politics--especially major party politics.

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

PLease explain the major differences to me. I am not being sarcastic or making jabs - I honestly am curious. Since I do not deeply follow party politics I didn't realize that there was "a huge void" between the left and the DNC. So what are the major differences?:confused:

6. Sophandros

Sophandros Freshman

Off the top of my head:

-Role of corporations in politics
    -Power of the people
    -Attitude toward social consciousness
    -Role of US in international affairs
    -Value of a free market vs. a free mind/people

Of course there's more, but that's enough to start on. The Democratic party is full of talk towards some of these issues, but when the time to throw down comes, they simply call "non-partisanship" and become one with the Republicans. During the 2000 campaign it was most obvious; The Economist took a long look at the major issues of that election. There was almost NO VARIANCE between the two. Both of them talk up all of their "differences", but as Tom illustrated above (and illustrates daily in his practices), they are like twins hatched from the same reptilian egg. This is a one party system dressed in the drag of a two party system.

7. Sophandros

Sophandros Freshman

The Left wants LESS control over our lives, which is why we oppose people like John Ashcroft and his mini-Gestapo. We want true equality, which is equal opportunity for all. That does NOT exist today. The machine is broken, and those on both right wings refuse to admit that because they both benefit too much from it.

8. Tom

Tom Founding Member

>>What's ironic is that Tom, who whined, complained and had a tantrum like a child because someone stated that Democrats wanted illegal votes counted and actually went as far as accusing a person of Libel, is THE MOST venomous, mud-slinging, name-calling person on this board.

First, I was not the one who whined. In fact, I was not the one who complained about people calling my names UNTIL someone accused me of calling people names and breaking board rules. At that point, I had to do something that apparently you don't have to worry about -- point out the truth of the situation. I guess it is a lot easier for you to post when you don't have to worry about getting your facts straight, huh? And BTW, the libel accusation was accurate, but then I can understand why you don't concern yourself with worrying about libel. It is probably a natural thing for you to do in YOUR posts, isn't it?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOM
    --Tuwho here. I do not want to see the owners of this forum ban you or delete you or anyone else for that matter for insulting each other. I understand that insults flew and I really don't have a problem with them. However this is a new board and the only rules really I have been asked to enforce are the Personal Insults and Copying of Copyrighted info (which I have been doing). That said I hope you don't get upset that I deleted the personal insult section of your post. I completely understand your frustration with insults but in the future just ignore the personal insults and deal with the issue at hand---that is always more powerful than personally insulting someone. And this goes for everyone on the board--except of course Biggles! This is a different forum than what you were previously posted on--and as a different forum we must all learn to adapt to the owner's of this boards wishes.

Keep up the great posts on this board Tom--you are truly a valued member and one of the reasons that the board is gaining in popularity. In just 2 1/2 weeks this board has seen almost 300 some odd posts!

Thank you and everyone else who has contributed to this site.

9. Tom

Tom Founding Member

This is an excellent post without one personal insult attached Tom! Keep up the good work--

10. Tom

Tom Founding Member

To TuWho, I will respond with personal statements if others start it which they have

As I've stated before, it will be obvious to be able to judge the fairness of this board. If I am singled out (not saying you are doing that here, but it certainly happened once before), then this board will not be worth posting on anyway. I support my statements with historical events, while others just put out rhetoric. And the use of the word hypocrite was ABSOLUTELY no different than the word "baby" being used in baby sitter, leftist and marxist and liberal used by TigerSaint, etc. So whatever happens, happens, and I'm not going to worry about it. If the board can't be consistent in enforcing rules, then it won't be much of a board. Bottom line is anything that occurs will not be your fault and I know that. That will be a reflection of the board owner's political stances and their tolerance of some people and intolerance of others.