Hurricane Gustav

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Aug 25, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

University research emphasis is not based upon the location of the university as much as it is based upon the acquisition of top researchers. CSU has a respected Hurricane research center because they hired William Gray, a noted expert, by paying him a lot of money and offering him a well-equipped lab, a professional staff, and money to hire graduate assistants and post-docs.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You don't know where I've lived, amigo.

Who said it would be easy? What I said was that its going to be no choice at some point. I'm not speculating, coastal experts can foresee this already. It's not easy seeing your property, your life's work, and your grandparents washed away either. No one wants to be the last one standing when the music stops, that's all. Your parents and grandparents have few options, I understand . . . but you have many. It's a very big world out there, young man.

It's just advice. Take it or leave it.

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Dude that is the best news, I have been worrying about him every since you walked away from the tailgate yesterday!!!!!!!

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Little bit of good news but this latest figures show this thing fallen apart, because of the dry air to the west starting to be pulled in to it.

The eye is all funky and strecthed out, not saying we are out the woods by far but this is just one small prayer answered!

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

yeah, I finally got a good nights sleep last night because of it.
    Gonna try to hook up with him here in BR today.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I agree. I moved away from the are after college. It really pained me to be away from Louisiana, and I was eager to move back, but not to Houma. I took a job in Baton Rouge. I love Houma and spend almost all of my free time there fishing in the areas to the south, but you can watch those marshes wash away any day of the week. Its likely in my lifetime that my home will be gone, and as much as I love that place its not the place I will rasie my family. It sucks.

A funny story about my trip last night to lighten the mood...

My cousin and I stopped at a liquor store to get some cokes because it was the only thing in Houma open. I saw an old cajun man who lived down the bayou near my dad's camp, and he was holding a paper bag. I asked him if they were on the way out, and he said "No I think its gonna blow hard, but its gawn be allright. I packed a lunch and am staying with my daughter in town, but look." He shows me whats in the bag. "I used extra long nails to put up my boards." "My house is gawn be all right."

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

It took me six hours to get back to Bossier yesterday after the game. Six freaking hours! I'm sure it would take a few more if someone tried it today. After tailgating all night with Team Katt, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it home...We had a great time however!

Anyway...,good luck to all fellow Tiger Fans stuck down south. If anyone needs a place to stay up here..PM me for my cell. Don't take 49 North..use the back roads.

Poor Okie...,she's probably stuck somewhere near Alexandria right now.

8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

no, louisiana wasn't too laxed...some idiots in new orleans were too laxed. now everyone else has to pay.

1 person likes this.
  9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

i watch weather channel for Miss Abrams. :)

http://ab.weather.com/abramsbio.html

10. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

The link I keep looking at has this thing looking like the eye is being torn apart, and that it looks to be weakening. It also appears to be heading for a cool eddy of the gulf which will weaken it more. Keep praying...God is listening.