Hurricane Gustav

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

With the high pressure systems to the east, that's probably not likely unfortunately.

:(

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I was 9 living in Lake Charles at the time. What a cluster phuck it was. :( I believe Cameron took the worst of it, Nasty remains in Iowa as well.

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

they are running the wbrz thing again. Looks like GI to Buras atm.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

FWIW, I don't think it will necessarily turn right much...because of the East Coast high. However, there is a weakness in that high...where the trough is. I just don't think it's gonna turn LEFT. The forecasts all pretty much show it taking a straight path to landfall. Thing is, a straight path DOES bring it east of NOLA at landfall.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/watl/loop-rb.html

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

If you are watching the Bama/Clemson game in the BR area they keep popping up weather announcements every 15 minutes or so.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

One other thing...I understand the "unfortunately" in your post...but I live in MS.:shock:

I do still have some family in NOLA, (Metairie,anyway), but the rest of my family now lives in either MS, Monroe, (brother), or FL (sister). Like I said, I'm not gonna wish it one was or another. It's gonna do what it's gonna do. But I just don't see a west LA event here. GI to Mobile? Watchit!!

(Nootch, you watchit too...cause you're too vulnerable not to where you live. You stand to lose a lot more than I do because of surge. Me? I get another new roof, and lose a few more trees. I was smart enough after Big K to cut the remaining trees down that could reach the house)

7. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

They are saying on the Weather Channel that it may go farther WEST now than actually anticipated. I am so confused. I just want my friends in Thibodaux, Houma, Labadeville, Napoleonville, Morgan City, and New Orleans to be OK...and I want to be in the Superdome come next Sunday at noon.

I just think the guy on the Weather Channel said it best a while ago...he said at this point they don't know where it will hit. It could hit the Florida panhandle...or as far West as Corpus Christi. That's too broad a spectrum for me.

8. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The good news...down to 140 mph. The bad? Gotta cross a warm loop current in a few hours. Should be a 5 when we wake up. Luckily, it's got some cooler loops to cross before landfall...which is the same reason Katrina weakened a tad before landfall.

Models don't reload until 2am eastern, so the 8 o'clocks are still in effect.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Do they give a reason? I don't really watch TWC much, so I missed it.