Hummm... I wonder what Max, Palmer and Ricks are thinking right now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Sep 14, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

We hear about all the transfers that come in and make big splashes, but there are so many that are never heard of again. After watching last weekend, I see Max is third string, Palmer is playing for a horrible team with no coach and Ricks, although he has been battling an injury, really has been a disappointment from everything I'm hearing from my coaching buddies.

Had all three stayed, Max would probably be the starting QB, Ricks would have been the leader of the secondary and Palmer was starting to come around and would have been awesome 1-2 punch with Boutte.

I just wonder if they had to do it all over again today, what would their decision be?

LSUTiga, Winston1 and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Add to your list of former Tigers riding the pines, Arik Gilbert who is the 3rd string TE @ Georgia. So glad to be rid of that nut case.

LSUTiga, Richdog, Herb and 6 others like this.
  3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Wow, I totally forgot about Gilbert! Great call. Just goes to show how quickly a player can vanish when they're not on the field. Sad part about it all is he's going to be third string for at least the foreseeable future. So much talent wasting away, when he could have been a featured TE at LSU! Life's a beach!

northernvatiger and Hou-duco like this.
  4. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Just goes to show you… If you show no loyalty, who’s going to show loyalty to you?

HalloweenRun and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Hard work beats talent most days. Thats what these kids never learned.

Richdog, HalloweenRun and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Cole Cubelic tweets that Max will start this week

TCUTiger likes this.
  7. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Point remsins the same. If Max starts, should be an interesting thing to watch.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He is starting

9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Great point. I think Boutte staying at LSU probably saved his career because Saban doesn't care how talented you are, if you're not willing to work hard. LSU has bent over backwards trying to appease Boutte, but I hope that doesn't come to bite us because we have some really young, talented receivers that also want the ball thrown to them. Several times I've noticed Daniels stare down Boutte, but he just needs to throw it to the open receiver. Bech had a great TD catch last week, but I don't think we've thrown to him enough. I would hate to lose a player like Bech, Thomas, Hilton or Nabers because Daniels was too focused on getting Boutte the ball. As you can probably tell, I'm not a big fan of Boutte because of his flirting during the offseason with our biggest rival.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

ESPN says Max may be out for the year, broken bone in his throwing hand.