Hubig's Pies to Return by Summer

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hubig will be back in business after a 2012 fire destroyed the factory.

My favorite is the pineapple.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

never had a kubigs pie. will eat.

other things that are returning: dixie beer (delicious) krispy kreme (absolutely spectacular)

i read somebook one time i cant recall what it was but it had a part about krispy kreme and how they had huge growth and opened up everywhere round the year 2000. there was some debate about spraeding the brand too thin, as the KK donuts available at grocery stores everywhere are vastly inferior, owing to a different recipe and necessarily being not fresh.

on plank road a krispy kreme basic glazed hot out the oven is really, really great. one of the best things you can eat on earth.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We heard this last year but according to the NOLA website Hubig's pies are supposed to be available within a few months.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Not partial to hot donuts of any brand. Its what you grow up with. When I was a kid the only time we had donuts was after church on Sunday morning from McKenzie's. They were fresh but not hot, so to me that's how a donut is supposed to be. Krispy Kreme is hard to beat, but McKenzie's was pretty awesome.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I love the hot Krispy Kremes but the only place to get them hot involves a trip to the worst side of town about 15 miles from me. There used to be a location where they baked them on Siegan Lane but they closed down years ago so when I get them I have to buy them cold at a grocery store.

On the Run Exxon convenience stores used to get them fresh every morning and keep them warm but they got bought out by Circle K who sell their own donuts that are not very good.

6. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

If you ever find yourself in Ocean Springs, try the Tato-nut shop. Outstanding.
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/ms/ocean-springs/the-tato-nut-donut-shop-restaurant

Edit- just looked them up to find the owner passed away from COVID. They are closed at least temporarily
    https://www.sunherald.com/news/coronavirus/article248473460.html

mctiger likes this.
  7. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Have never heard of em.

Lee’s pies are a big hit but I’ve never eaten them either. Off I-49

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

tam biet