How the loss of Speedy Noil turned into the gain of a 5 star OT for LSU (6 degrees of separation)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I am so happy not all wait until NSD as it definitely changes the conversations the coaches have with other recruits.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, this was my point. Wed. Signing day an three players would have passed on the Tigers. This gave LSU more time to finish this class, an finish well

3. dudley

dudley oops!

Well think about this (or not). What if Texas had not fired Mack Brown. Would Trey L. and the Tuehema brothers have stuck with Texas and what if they had got Saban would we have lost Jamal Adams or maybe even Fournette. Don't think about it too hard or you might get a headache. I did.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This is recruiting every year, enjoy the ride, I do.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

that was the key, that it was known a month in advance of NSD

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Like I say, sometimes its better....

Texas A&M asked Speedy Noil to take time off to “do some things”
    Posted by Kevin McGuire on April 11, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
    [​IMG]
    Texas A&M wide receiver Speedy Noil has been taking a break from football this spring. The circumstances for this absence are unconfirmed, but Aggies head coach Kevin Sumlin says he will be back after taking care of some things off the field.

Speedy has some things he’s got to complete,” Sumlin said, according to The Houston Chronicle. “He’ll be back this week. We asked him to do some things, and while he’s doing that he’s been away from the program.”

Why Noil was asked to take some time off from football is anyone’s guess at this point. Sumlin did not suggest if this was an academic issue or a disciplinary concern. He did mention maturity, but that could be used for a number of issues.

“There’s more to it than just playing football,” Sumlin said Saturday. “There are guys who mature at different times, and sometimes you have to put some things in place to make sure guys really understand what’s expected of them.

By taking football away from Noil, Sumlin is giving his wide receiver a chance to straighten something out before returning to the football world.

Noil was third on Texas A&M with 583 receiving yards and five touchdowns in his freshman season.

3 Responses to “Texas A&M asked Speedy Noil to take time off to “do some things””
    1. burm61 says: Apr 11, 2015 6:31 PM
      Obviously likes the reefer and cross dressing hookers a little too much.

2. abninf says: Apr 11, 2015 6:59 PM
      He had to take care of a few arrest warrants.

3. dg0122 says: Apr 11, 2015 10:37 PM
      Man sumlin is quite the disciplinarian..

Hahahahahahaha!

7. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Yeah, everyone was moaning and groaning when LSU went "2 of 5" at the allstar game in 2014 before NSD. Of course, LSU got J Adams and L Fournette and didn't get T Brown, G Willis, and S Noil. So far, the 2 character guys BY FAR have been Adams and Fournette out of the group...not even close. So far, the 2 stars BY FAR have been Adams and Fournette. T Brown gets arrested like 2 weeks after going to Tuscaloser. I don't watch the Gumps much...I know he didn't start...did he even get much PT? Willis of course was booted off the Florida team after arrests and the cheap shot on Winston made him look like a hood on the field (well in his case, on the SIDELINE) :p. And Speedy Noil played the most out of the 3 but I tell you, his name "Speedy" is a bit overbooked. I claim there are 200 FBS players just as fast or faster than "Speedy". My brother whose 2 kids went to A&M thought he was overrated as a 5* guy (he doesn't keep up much with recruiting but knows about the star system) and I completely agree. At best, he looked like a medium 4* caliber player...maybe like the 125th best player in the country or something out of HS. So, if I had 2 guys out of the 5 that I could choose, LSU got the 2 best...by far IMO. Adams is a flat out game changer on defense and Fournette started a bit slow but you can see the talent and came on the last few games of the season and the bowl game Both of those guys are clearly 5* as they were rated. So far, none of the other 3 have come close to living up to their billing. And if Noil has off the field issues, he will end up a bigger bust than 5* Trovon Reed who was on a milk carton at Auburn for like 3 years or so before being switched over to the secondary from WRer.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If Valentine ever plays, I will be surprised. When you hold a guy out of spring practice, it is because you don't think he will be eligible in the fall.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

"Ever" is a long time but I see your point. Right now, it appears likely T Valentine's lasting positive impact on the LSU football team may not be him hitting the field. One of the main reasons that Chidi Valentine-Okeke picked LSU was because he and T Valentine (no relation) are good friends. Now, CVO (despite the propaganda that the Gumps put out including a member here BTW) is well on his way to qualifying and graduating on time. In fact, it will now be a surprise if he doesn't quality. And that GA OL is supposed to be one of the best "potential"/"underrated by some" guys in the entire country in the 2015 class. Of course, T Valentine is supposed to be a dominant player also, but at least getting 1 out of the 2 will be good...if you are wrong and T Valentine does hit the field in the fall say, then you gotta love the outcome of that entire process. :)

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Slow Poke Noil? Trivia.........Don't cheat, make a guess........

We all know Sumlin is the Offensive Genius at a&m, so lets look at the numbers.....

* Which of these Tigers averaged more yards per catch than the Speed?

Travin Dural
    M. Dupre
    John Diarse
    Leonard Fournette
    DeSean Smith

One, two, three, more.

Maybe its his rushing yards?

* Who had more rushing yards last season compared to the Speed?

Travin Dural
    Miquel James
    Melvin Jones
    Trey Quinn

TD receptions?

Speed had 5 for the season...
    Everyone knows our passing game was bad...
    Did Dural have 5 TD receptions?
    What about Malachi Dupre?

Ok, Special Teams...

* This one I'll give you, Fournette had a TD returning KO's. Plus more yards per return. Speed, no TD's on KO returns.
    * Tre White had a TD on punt returns, once again, zero for the Speed.

Maybe we have a guy on our team we should call Speedy?