How the AP voters voted

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 14, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I can agree with that.

2. Berge

Berge Founding Member

3. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

The AP does not matter at any point in the season. Purely for entertainment purposes.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Funny you say that because my reaction was to see who in the world these people that votes us 5 and 6 were. Nutcases no doubt. 12-15 is appropriate imo. If we're better, than higher ranking and respect will be earned as the season progresses and the highly raneks teams are played.

5. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

I personally agree, except that I think it often causes the coaches and Harris poll voters to skew a bit one way or the other... but the USA Today coaches' poll is also being released this early in the season. At least that Harris poll waits until October (I think).

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes but you are assuming 11-14 teams have looked or performed better. thats not the case. we just know we dont look like a top 10 team come november but outside of 2 or 3 teams, no one does.

not to mention most teams have played Podunk U so its rather impossible to judge. LSU has at least played teams with a pulse.

thats why i dont criticize USCw's win by claiming OSU is garbage. they went on the road and won at the horseshoe with a freshman qb. more impressive than what any other team has done right out the gate.