How much is your phone plan?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Oct 6, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

And what provider are you using. And details of your price/plan and reliability.

Tired of at&ts 'fees' .

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Switch to Staight Talk at Walmart. Unlimited talk text and data $45 a month

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Isn't that shitty sprint or t-mobile? . Data connectivity blows.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I think it's Verizon. Data is almost unusable. I was consulting for a company and they gave me a phone with that service but I could never send any files or attachments. Useless for the most part.

I have a few phones and devices on an AT&T plan. I need to find time to sift through other offers, I know I don't have the best deal.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can choose your network. ATT Verizon Sprint or T Mobile

6. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

My mom uses it and it seems to work fairly well for her. Perhaps geographical location plays a part?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have Sprint now but they raised my bill a week after I reupped my contract. If I go to Staight talk I can use the phone I already have but it will use the Sprint network. If you have ATT phone you might have to buy a sim card from Walmart but you will still be on the ATT network

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

We have the Verizon prepaid plans. No contracts, unlimited talk and text w/ 2GB data for $63/mo. per phone, includes all taxes and fees. Her droid and my iPhone qualified under their plan so... $126/mo for both of us.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Around the first week of August I was due an upgrade from Sprint so I bought the Samsung Galaxy 4S. Great phone. I love it. For over 10 years I have been getting two discounts from Sprint because of where I worked at the time I signed up for them. I haven't worked there for years but about every two years I upgraded and signed a new contract. Sprint never said anything and my discounts continued. They are worth about $25 a month on my bill.

About a week after I upgraded and signed a new two year contract I got an email from Sprint telling me I had to reverify my eligibility for the discounts. I haven't worked at that place for about 9 years and so when I called Sprint they refused to keep my bill the same as it had been.
    I used to be able to talk to an American at their customer service but now its all in the Philapenes and they don't speak English very well.

Bottom line is I'm not going to pay an extra $27 or $28 for the same service I have been getting for less The Staight Talk website said that my Galaxy S4 CDMA was compatable with their system and I could use it instead of buying a phone from them and I could port my number. I went to Walmart yesterday and bought a Staight Talk Access card. Its a good thing I decided to activate it with the help of the girl in the Walmart electronics department. After about an hour of both of us talking to some woman who could barely speak English and giving her serial numbers and having to spell Baton Rouge at least 5 times and being put on hold 4 or 5 times she finally came back and said that my phone wouldn't work with Staight Talk.

I was lucky I was in the store to do that and the Walmart employee scratched off the numbers on the card I bought. If I had gone home and tried to activate the service by myself Walmart wouldn't have given me my money back.

Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile both use the Sprint towers so I checked them out. With either one I would have to buy an phone even though mine would probably work. I'm thinking now I might just go with Cricket Mobile. I would have to buy a phone but their system uses GSM with SIM cards so I can try to buy a compatible phone as cheap as I can and buy a SIM card from Cricket for about $13. I don't know which network Cricker uses but it looks like they have LTE nationwide.

If I go that route I have a two month old Galaxy S4 that I'll have no use for and will sell. Its two months old and there are a couple of small scratches on the protective case but none on the phone itself. I'm not sure how much I can get for it but I'm thinking at least $450. I also have Samsung Galaxy SII that is two years old. I was planning to keep it for a backup in case my S4 was lost stolen or damaged but that was when I was planning on staying with Sprint so I could sell it too. I don't know how much to ask for that one.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

KISS MY ASS SPRINT!!!!! I just switched to T-Mobile. I can keep my phone. They are sending me a sim card compatible with the CDMA version of the Galaxy S4 I have. I tricked Sprint into unlocking it by telling them I was going out of the county. Unlimited talk and text. I only get 1 gig of data but I don't use all that much. If I see I'm going over that I can get 3 gigs for $10 more.

$51.08 a month