How many chances is the NFL going to give this criminal?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Nov 19, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Bingo!

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Hell, Dallas fans are elated I am sure. With such a horrible secondary, they would sell their grandmother to get PacMan back on the team. This is America's team, they are supposed to be great. At all costs.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'd rank Summerall in his prime and Ray Scott ahead of Gowdy. Maybe even Michaels.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

One day Americans will demand a balance between winning and social acceptability.

That day has not yet come.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Summerall was solid. The NFC equivalent to Gowdy.

Not sure who the hell Ray Scott is.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I forgot you were a youngster. :wave:

Ray Scott (1920, in Johnstown, Pennsylvania – March 23, 1998, in Minneapolis, Minnesota), was an American sportscaster, best known for his broadcasts for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League.

Scott began his broadcasting career on local radio in the late 1930s. His first NFL broadcasts came in 1953 over the DuMont Television Network; three years later he began doing Packers broadcasts for CBS, and it was in Green Bay that his terse style of play-by-play developed its greatest following.

Scott was also the lead television and radio announcer for Major League Baseball's Minnesota Twins from 1961 to 1966, calling the 1965 World Series on NBC television.

As the Packers' announcer, Scott broadcast Super Bowl I and II for CBS, along with the infamous "Ice Bowl" championship game of 1967. In 1968, CBS ended its practice of assigning dedicated announcing crews to particular teams, and Scott was appointed to the network's lead NFL crew, teaming with Paul Christman (1968-69) and Pat Summerall (1970-74). During his tenure with CBS he called four Super Bowls and nine NFL (later NFC) championship games.

CBS fired Scott in 1974, replacing him with Summerall (who had been paired with Scott as a color commentator). He was subsequently employed by a number of NFL and MLB teams (including the Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Milwaukee Brewers, and Pittsburgh Pirates), and was play-by-play announcer for the USFL's Arizona Wranglers in 1983 and 1984 and the Portland Breakers in the 1985 season. Scott also broadcast college football, college basketball, and golf at various points in his career. He also teamed with Patrick Ryan while doing high school and college football in and around Billings, Montana.

Scott was twice named National Sportscaster of the Year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association, and was given regional awards by that organization 12 times in four different states. In 2000, he was posthumously given the Pete Rozelle Radio-Television Award by the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Scott's bare-bones style has inspired many sportscasters.