How Does Kapernick Feel About the Flags on 911

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CalcoTiger, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Kaepernick and his protests were becoming a nothing burger until the week of September 18th of last year when Trump elevated the entire story by making an issue of it. Otherwise, Kap and the others would've been an after thought by now. But let's take a look back at what was going on in Trump's world that week:
    News was ablaze with Trump's firing of Comey and his ensuing meeting with the Russian officials in the Oval office without other American's present, the Republican's last ditch effort to repeal Obamacare was floundering, and Trump's son in law, Kuschner, had been communicating with other administration officials on a private e-mail account. Trump was looking for a distraction, a classic Trump move. He found it in Kaepernick and turned his protest, which were fading from the forefront, into an issue of patriotism and love of country.

Lately I've had to laugh as so many have burned their Nike apparel in protest. Trump has essentially lowered the definition of patriotism for 35% of Americans to what brand of shoes they are wearing. Think about that for a minute.....patriotism reduced to a brand. It's shallow at best.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Does Nike make America's flags? Nothing says America better than a flag made by a low paid 10 year old Chinese girl.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

"Trump was looking for a distraction, a classic Trump move".

That's the way I see it too, NC, I expect when the next, "bad news for donnie" story breaks, or is impending,.. Trump will then go make a speech, purposely fanning the flames of the Kaepernick furor,.. as a distraction.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I cant speak for everyone I speak for myself as I have had family die in war.

And I am a white male who had a police officer put a gun 1 inch from my head and I had done nothing wrong. I was blowing insulation feeding a macvhine in the back of a truck for my company when I was 18 and we worked 2-11 in the morning. We had set up and were blowing about 3 am in a neighborhood and someone called the cops.

I was thrown against the side of the truck with my face pinned and a gun to my head and I did exactly what the officer asked including being handcuffed and I survived.

Because I didn't cop an attitude with the cop and was respectfull. A lot of people would have blamed the cop but he was just doing his job. It scared the living shit out of me but you have to put yourself in the place of the cop .

And yes there are bad cops just like there are bad doctors bad teachers and just plane bad people at every job.

But what does it for me is what gives Kapernick the right to represent a political protest at his job where he doesn't just represent himself.

No one should use their job to protest White, Black, Mexican Arab, anyone. It is abusing freedom. Do it when you are not at your job. Are you telling me every 49er player agrees with what he did.

If he had done it after his work you wouldn't hear me saying one word because that is Freedom being used.

When he did it at his job he was wrong. If I pulled that crap at my job I would be fired no questions. Are their 2 rules we should live by Minorities get to do what they want while white people get fired. Look at the pitcher from ESPN commentating . He gets fired and Jamelle Hill got suspended a couple of days.

And if my opinion makes me a racist then by god I guess I am one. But that is my opinion on this matter and I know it isn't politically correct but its how I feel.

I have black friends and I have expressed the same opinion to them and they know how I feel.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Big ones coming eh Duck?

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I can see your point. But at the same time, just because you have a bad attitude, doesn’t mean you deserve being shot. Now, with that said, that’s not the case in most incidents. What the majority of the public wants to get behind is some asshole fighting, or even drawing down on a cop. That’s the difference. There are many instances where a gun shouldn’t have been drawn and the case is either straight up murder or aggravated assault of some kind. The kicker is the DA trying to prove racism behind the shootings. That’s where a lot of the cops don’t get charged. Because some DA is trying to make a name for themselves on the case, instead of just presenting the facts and going along with the proper charge.

But I do get your point, don’t let my rambling take away from that.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Who? And what chick? Serious.

And fuck Kap. He's should feel guilty of benefitting from white priviledge. He ain't no home-boy. He a pretenda.

Winston1 and Bengal B like this.
  9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member