How do you rank SEC FB HCs going into season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Apr 16, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Based on past performances and just pure coaching talent, how would rate the head coaches going into upcoming season?

1 Nick Saban -
    didn't win the NC, but he's the GOAT, not much to discuss
    2 Kirby Smart - won NC, has Georgia program in national contention every year, may be the year to dethrone Saban as top coach in college football, if he can beat Saban again on the way to another NC
    3 Brian Kelly - new to SEC, but proven winner everywhere he's been, lots of pieces still missing, but I believe he will have LSU very competitive in West, which is saying a lot considering the situation he inherited
    4 Mark Stoops - Considering the talent level on his roster, I don't know if there's another coach in college football that gets more out of less than Stoops. I expect another good season from the Wildcats, which is probably second or third in the East.
    5 - Lane Kiffin - Incredible offensive mind, but has yet to match it on the other side of the ball. Although he's improving, he still shows moments of immaturity with his play calling and his sarcastic social media posts.
    6- Sam Pittman - Like Stoops, he gets a lot out of less and he has the Hogs playing solid, but I'm not sure he can take them any higher.
    7 - Josh Heupel - I have to admit I thought he was going to be a bust, but he's proven he is a very good football coach and with a couple of good recruiting classes, the Vols may be ready to test the Bulldogs for the East, but not yet
    8- Jimbo Fisher - I think he's the most overrated coach in college football and has been for a long time. They have tremendous talent, but with him as head coach they are guaranteed to lose three games every season.
    9 - Brian Harsin - I really think he's an outstanding coach, but with a large majority of the fan base and administration against him, he's fighting an uphill battle. If Auburn will give him some time, I think he can turn them into a very good program.
    10 - Shane Beamer - Love his enthusiasm, but the verdict still out on how good of a coach he really is. Father was an incredible coach and time will tell if he can follow in his father's footsteps.
    11 - Eli Drinkwitz - I think he's a solid coach and good recruiter, but not sure if he can carry Missouri much farther simply because he won't ever have the talent needed to do that
    12 - Mike Leach - Came in with great excitement, but I think his gimmick offense and lackluster defense has run its course. Not an SEC quality coach, IMO.
    13 - Billy Napier - Great coach in Sun Belt, but SEC is a new ballgame. Time will tell just how good he will be.
    14 Clark Lea - It's Vandy so not much to say. Lea has been an assistant and some really good schools, but being a HC in the SEC at Vandy is a daunting task.

mctiger likes this.