How 'Bout 'Dem Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Dec 12, 2020.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

But why dont we have the hosses? After 4 seasons & 4 recruiting classes, plus being gifted the #2 recruiting class in America in 2016, where are they? So far this 2021 class has 1 OL, plus might get the 3 star, (Hawianish name) I think. Is that good crootin?

Maybe O has a bevy of hidden 3 star OLs, who will get bumped to 4 star for SEC affect or the "SEC bump", I've seen it called.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Perple and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I agree, I’d like to see a new OL coach. And O/E deserve a lot of criticism there also.

Perple and TigerTap like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yeah I agree let's go get an OL coach who has the ability to win the Joe Moore award oh wait we already have one

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I have enough to fit the heads on guys at TF who know something about football, I have 2.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

"Banging our heads against the wall" is what allowed us to win Sat. E did exactly what we needed to do to beat Fla. Once again Once again you CAN'T RUN YOUR WHOLE OFFENSE ESPECIALLY A SOPHISTICATED PASSING OFFENSE WITH AN 18 YEAR OLD QB.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

from what playbook did throwing a 3 yd pass to the TE on 4th and 8 come from? steve has called some head scratchers but if not bailed out by 'the agony of the cleat' we would have discussed this much more....

7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Cheers!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

At that time last thing you want to do is throw a pass into 6 to 7 man coverage in the secondary and turn the ball over. You throw a safe pass to your TE or RB that maybe gets a missed tackle or gets you the first down on the throw. You can't judge what would have happened had the cleat play not happened. How do we know we wouldn't have stopped them or got a fumble recovery or got an interception? All I know is E's play calling had us ahead with 3 minutes left in the game. We came out in the second half and E ran the ball down their throat and only a motion penalty stopped us from getting a TD in my view. Did you give E credit for that or did you disagree with that strategy?

9. lsu-i-like

I don’t care about a damn trophy (Burrow and Brady got most of that trophy). Our OL has sucked every year under O except for 1.

10. lsu-i-like

Banging our head against a wall almost lost it. We went way too conservative knowing the limitations of our defense. Our offense was leaning on our defense, for God’s sake.