How About This, Miles as AD, Alleva OUT???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TCUTiger, Nov 25, 2015.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

Let's see how it shakes out. Regardless, this should have been handled with more class, even if its Sabin coming back. If its Fisher, lets see how he does. Plenty of gripes about his offense when he was here waiting to be dug up in the forum archives.

TeamofSavages likes this.
  2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Just talking about the transition not future results. That is all to be determined.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

what the hell is wrong with you.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. roynav

roynav free your mind

Hmmm? Having an attention span longer than a gnat? I'm not saying Fisher is a bad choice, just raising an eyebrow at this sudden "Fisher is the savior of LSU football" sentiment, when fans were continually griping about his offense when he was here and Les won his NC with a new OC the year after Fisher left. I'm agnostic on Fisher being an upgrade.

What the hell is wrong with you? No wait, I don't care and it would take too long.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It was rhetorical.

6. roynav

roynav free your mind

*scratches head*

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I guess it's back to the Golden Age of LSU Football

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

LaSalle, you're a little younger than me, so you were probably only 5 or 6 when Charlie Mac was fired. I was only 8 or 9, but my dad sat and had a drink with Charlie Mac the summer before his last season. It went down like this: the BoS gave Charlie Mac an ultimatum in March of '79 to either announce the '79 season as his last or be fired immediately. Mac wanted to be fired immediately, rather than be a lame duck coach for the '79 season, but that was going to leave his entire staff unemployed because most college staffs were already set in March for the '79 season. So, he swallowed his pride and accepted the "deal."

It was very public and very ugly, and there was a portion of the "fanbase" who never liked Charlie Mac, just like they never liked Miles. Mac followed Dietzel, who many thought was a god. Miles followed Saban, who had a Dietzel-style following. The "fanbase" twice has idolized the coaches who left LSU when something "better" came along, in lieu of more loyal coaches.

Interesting, and just a little sad.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I always thought they let Mac coach in 1979 because he was elected president of the College Football Coaches Association and to serve his year as president he actually had to be employed as a coach

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Negative. As I wrote, that was directly from the horse's mouth.

And let's let that sink in for a moment...they fired the president of the Coaches Association.