Hot spots when you were at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bolobolo, Dec 5, 2003.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Dont forget Boston and The Who!

2. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

Started in the fall 1960. Hot spots then were The Pastime, The Brown Door and the Varsity Theater. A bar on West Chimes, can’t recall the name and all male students had to be in ROTC, had to have our hair cut off and wear a purple & gold beenie. Had to attend the first football game as freshman in pajamas. Had to wear military uniforms and solute offenders when passing them on campus or you had to come out on Saturday and march around depending on how many demerits you had gotten that week. You were either in the Air Force or the Army. Determined during orientation where all male freshman stood in file and a segment of the group divided out and were automatically in the Air Force. The area where we assembled is where the Pmac is presently located. Basketball was played in the old cow place and freshman couldn’t play with the varsity squad. Got to watch Pete Maravich play as a freshman after going to worK for GSU . Been a long time ago!

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Glad I didn’t come along until 1972 and didn’t have to wear the beanie. Not sure when that tradition ended. I do remember older guys in my neighborhood growing up had to shave and wear the beanie..