News Hospital released Ebola patient by mistake

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Oct 1, 2014.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

no, nonchalance would be better.

2. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

I'd be willing to bet 1) the apartment complex yard is dug up. 2) the apartments carpet is ripped out an the place is disinfected from top to bottom. 3) the ambulance will be taken out of service and sanitized and the driver and emt/ medics are quarantined. 4) the hospital emergency room is going to be scrubbed

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

nope

"Lakey said the Dallas County health department bagged up the man's belongings and bedding that might have become infected during his illness...
    We have delivered several days of food to that apartment,” Jenkins said. “Those people in that apartment are part of the Dallas family, and they are going to be treated with the utmost respect and dignity in this unusual situation."

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...ebola-patient-s-relatives-are-quarantined.ece

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I may be harsh, but anyone brining ebola into this country should be summarily terminated and disposed of in the safest possible manner.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The thing that gets me is that these people lie about it. If the guy hadn't lied about having been in Africa he would have been put under closer scrutiny sooner and his treatment would have begun sooner, giving him a greater chance to survive.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

But also from that article....
    "Dr. David Lakey, commissioner of the state health department, said he was concerned about the hygiene level of the apartment.

"The housing conditions need to be improved," he said Thursday during a teleconference organized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "We have worked to identify an entity for doing the cleaning."

Various cleaning companies were contacted, but only one agreed to go inside the apartment, he said. The company was not identified.

Lakey said the Dallas County health department bagged up the man's belongings and bedding that might have become infected during his illness.

"They have a bag of household trash, and they have mattresses pushed against the wall," said Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins. "We are going to, as quickly as possible, improve the hygiene there."

My problem with believing Lakey is that he's a state official making claims for what allegedly happened at the county level. A nurse didn't tell a doctor....miscommunication happens.

And from another source, "CNN reported that a Dallas woman who had a child with Duncan said he had sweated profusely in the bed they shared at her apartment. She said the sheets where he had lain were still on the bed."

And, "She was told she said maybe the Red Cross would come by. She's still waiting for that," Cooper said.

"Some health officials brought sandwiches last night, but she hasn't had anything today," Cooper said. "She's certainly kind of at loose ends and is obviously extremely worried."

"Despite the close contact, Louise "does not feel that she came into any contact with any (bodily) fluids" from Duncan, Cooper said.

"She says he didn't vomit on her. She wasn't cleaning up after him. She said he was very much sort of prideful, would take care of himself, go into the bathroom when he had diarrhea," Cooper said.

Louise and her family are in isolation with sheets and towels used by the Ebola-stricken Duncan, Cooper said. Louise did use bleach to clean her apartment, "but it's not clear to me how systematic the cleaning was," he said.

The sheets used by Duncan were still on the bed, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hadn't taken away those materials as of Thursday morning, Louise told Cooper
    ."

Oh, and patient zero lied about having come into contact with an ebola patient in Liberia. This is exactly what the problem has been in Africa and now that problem has traveled here. If we can't trust human beings to be honest about their HIV status when having sex with another human being, how do we expect anything different from someone exposed to ebola?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Worse than that, he lied to health screeners at the airport. Why would he do that? Because he was planning on moving to America with his son's mother. Since he says he was never here before, that means Louise was in Liberia before SHE moved to America or somehow visited Liberia. There were 2 adult cousins also living in that apartment with a number of other relatives living nearby. What are the chances they are all here on legal visas, legal citizens, working, etc.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Could there not be blood in vomit? I would think there could be--along with tears.

This is a shit storm, but it's out of the news a little bit at the moment, only because Dallas just got hammered with some real storms with 80-90 mph winds around 4:30. That's getting the coverage; it also hit the media tent area that is covering the ebola mess.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Put your tinfoil helmet back on and take your meds.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

According to a WFAA article, one of the elementary schools in Plano, where I live and teach, sent out a letter to parents today, letting them know that a parent from that school is on the "watch list" for having been in contact with the douchebag.

And the funniest thing I've seen all day are the two Mexicans in dickeys and t-shirts washing down the vomit sidewalk this afternoon with a power washer and a broom.