News Hospital released Ebola patient by mistake

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Oct 1, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

went to DC this weekend for a legislative conference, so its really a big party during the evening with different companies and states, etc hosting parties at different places around the city. Thursday night at a Brazilian steak house a firm that does work for my company and a friend of mine is a lobbyist for this law firm hosted a dinner for South florida big wigs so to speak and they honored her for something. I tell you, she is awful, just awful.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, it can only be transmitted by contact with bodily fluids. And yes, many strong disinfectants are highly toxic including their fumes. Even bleach.

3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

There are 100 on the watch list now. When the ambulance picked him up he was in front of the apartment on the ground vomiting.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

If this weren't serious and in the same metro area where my family and I live, this would be comical.

What happened to the vomit? Who cleaned it up? Where did they dispose of it?

5. gyver

Not toxic enough to wear a hazmat suit. They use fans to air out the compartment when cleaning. We wear hazmat suits for chlorine and ammonia gas leaks. They are very bulky and taxing on the rescuer because you have to wear a self contained breath apparatus under the suit. That combined with being in an air tight suit causes you to perspire and the 40+ lbs will wear you down quickly. 20 minutes in that suit takes 30 minutes in rehab to recover and refuel.
    The people Stacey saw weren't your average janitor I would bet. Probably the local 1st responder clean up crew taking precautions and getting some training time in.

6. gyver

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They say that its only contagious when the victim shows symptoms but at what degree of severity of the symptoms does it become contagious. Mild symptoms or severe symptom? Just to compare it to something we are all familiar with, how many times have you started feeling crappy but you sucked it up and went to work anyway. You managed to get through the day and maybe even another day or two until WAMMO! You came down with a full fledged case of the flu. How many people did you come in contact when you were still able to function? How many of them ended up getting sick?

Is a person with mild symptoms that might not even be immediately diagnosed as ebola contagious or does the person have to be really sick before the virus is capable of infecting others. The guy in Dallas went to the hospital because he was feeling bad. They sent him home.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its not comical no matter where it happened. What if the guy had been a football fan and gone to the Cowboys-Saints game before he got really sick? He could have sat next to some Saints fans who flew back to New Orleans the next day on planes that were full of people going to all kinds of destinations.

gyver likes this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The patient has a partner named Louise. She is supposed to be under quarantine but, "Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, who's among local officials addressing the Ebola crisis, said that at one point, Louise and her family especially "were noncompliant with the request to stay home."

In addition the sheets that the patient slept on are still in the home and Louise is saying she doesn't know how she will get food into the house. She has a child so I'm sure she's more than a little concerned. For all the preparation, we are seeing all the shortcomings and effect of the human factor.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

best indications are that ebv isnt in vomit. it is present but inactivated quickly in saliva. blood, tears, breastmilk, stool and semen are the main concerns.