News Hospital released Ebola patient by mistake

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Oct 1, 2014.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

It's hardly contagious and we've had more die from enter obituary d68 and a host of others

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

That'll sick since we have like 20 beds for them

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

hardly?

I'd have an easier time believing you weren't an idiot

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

If the US is the best place then I say go for it. The dysfunctional relationship is funny to me.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

What does everyone think of the nurse, Kaci Hickox, who is refusing to quarantine herself? If she truly had a 101 fever while flying, is she sure she isn't sick?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have mixed feelings. I think quarantines are an understandable, prudent precaution. But there are federal guidelines for imposing a quarantine upon a free citizen and Hickox does not meet the threshold for quarantine. Maine is overstepping a bit, perhaps unreasonably. All that will do is make money for lawyers.

She doesn't have a fever now, she disputes that she ever had a fever, and she has tested negative twice for ebola. She has committed no crime and is under no court order, yet she is being tracked by the authorities as if she were a criminal. We don't need panic to cause us to become a police-state to deal with a health issue. The flu kills thousands every year and is vastly more contagious than ebola. Slippery slope. If you and your family had to be quarantined every time one of your students got the flu, your life would be severely impacted. The spousal unit could lose his job. Ballet, kick-boxing, band practice, softball or anything your children are involved in would go out the window for weeks.

Still, combating ebola may take some special efforts from everybody.

As in all things, there is a proper balance point to be found here. This is how we establish them, I suppose.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw the Saint's backup long snapper sneezing on the sidelines. Maybe the entire team should be quarantined for all their road games.

Winston1 and mancha like this.
  8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

From what I understand, Ebola does not have a cyclical pattern like malaria. The body gets progressively worse. She looks fine to me. I think after the first isolation and testing proved negative, she should have been allowed to go free.

Hell, they tried their best to spread Ebola all over Dallas. Fucked up the whole situation. Only two nurses who were treating the patient at his worst conditions contracted it. No one else. Not the County Judge. Not the officer in the Ebola apartment. Not even one of the nurse's dog got it. You dog owners know how we like to let our dogs kiss us and shit. One flew with the symptoms and couldn't spread it. She sucked really bad at spreading Ebola.

This nurse just wants to be left alone. Now she has officers and media quarantining her.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Can dogs catch ebola?

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Ebola is transferred to humans from animals. They had that dog quarantined at Doggy Ritz for three weeks. Now he hates his little apt on the M-streets.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.