News Hospital released Ebola patient by mistake

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Oct 1, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

sheila jackson lee had a press conference on 'eboler'. she said we need to have 'uh amuhlance' ready.

GregLSU, gyver and uscvball like this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Head of NIH needs to be fired, honestly. Or the CDC, or whomever is in charge of supplying the training material to prevent this very thing from happening.

Thank God it is not easily transmittable.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

It's one nurse in one hospital. The federal gov has no role.

red55 likes this.
  6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Since we're all here, we should be more concerned w RSV, chikungunya and dengue. This US hysteria is ignorant. My god, 1/4 of people are worried about getting Ebola.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Go gata. Go Corch.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't get a sense of hysteria. I do see that for all the education amd preparation and feeling of superiority of the US medical system, all it takes is one human error and now a highly infectious person was out and about for 6 days and there are children involved. We still don't know how some of the health care workers in Africa were infected. If it's so hard to catch and they were following protocol, then what happened?

For me, the government is trying too hard to keep people calm. They don't have enough info to be successful.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Living in the DFW Metroplex, this has been the only thing on the news since the story broke.

Last night, the superintendent of the Dallas Independent School District was in studio to discuss the implications of the patient coming in contact with 5 students and the effect on the 5 schools the students attend. Custodians in hazmat suits were cleaning the buildings top to bottom during the night. Wouldn't that be too late anyway? Why were they in hazmat suits if the disease isn't really contagious? Parents with children at those schools were all asking these questions.

The Dallas County Health Director was also in studio insisting that only 12-18 people were being quarantined/monitored for symptoms (code for asking them to stay at home and not go out for 3 weeks.) This includes the 5 DISD students and the paramedics who transported Patient 1 to the hospital on Sunday.

This morning, the same health director said they are now "trying" to monitor up to 80 people who came in contact with Patient 1. The anchor asked, "Are these people from the apartment complex where he was staying or a store? " The health director replied, "We don't know exactly." Wtf? You're "monitoring" 80 people...but you actually don't know who the 80 people are?

The residents of the apartment complex are pissed and want to know exactly in which apartment he was staying. The apartment complex will not release that. The residents are also not too happy that the relatives who came in contact with Patient 1 are being asked to stay at home. What if they don't?

Apparently, now the quarantined (at home) people are being issued an order not to leave their homes. How does that get monitored?

In reality, I guess this isn't a huge public health risk...or is it?

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

was at a dinner in DC and they were honoring her over the weekend ( dont ask) but she is just as ignorant in person.

GregLSU likes this.