Hoops Recruiting (2012)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Oct 29, 2009.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I heard that Findlay Prep has one of the strongest classical language departments west of the Mississippi.

2. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Perhaps a little bit old news, but in addition to winning the Gatorade POY award, it's official, Ricardo Gathers has pulled in the Louisiana POY award...

Riverside's Ricardo Gathers is Mr. Louisiana Basketball | NOLA.com

Again, if you're looking at recruiting and the woes of LSU over not just Trent's time, but the latter Brady years, LSU's inability to sign that guy goes back for a while. Last year, to be clear, Matt Derenbecker was Gatorade's POY, while Markel Brown was the LA POY.

Still got to say, Gathers is a top priority for the Tigers. If Rico is thinking about it, this LSU team is set up for him. Guys like Hamilton, O'Bryant to clog the middle, lots of pure shooters on the outside, he sets up nicely like a Tasmin Mitchell player who plays a lot inside and outside as a 3/4. Ultimately, that's where his game has to go if he wants to make it in the L. He'll have that flexibility at LSU, with a good young nucleus around him.

3. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

Gathers says he's working on becoming a SF... Also said he's looking to take visits to St. Johns and Florida... I hope CTJ pulls this guy in!

4. mrgreen21

I think it's just about time to start a 2013 thread.. I see Trent just offered Bridgewater
    LSU offers Bridgewater

5. TGer'nLHornLand

Thanks, MGreen. Yeah, I've been a little slow on the uptake. Been frankly, hoping to see good news before launching into another posting frenzy.

That said, from a 2012 standpoint, LSU is still in on a lot of names, just wondering when the first domino will fall. There are a lot of naysayers sort of down on Trent, but I think if kids kind of cut through some of the "noise", they'll still see a coach that is COY in three different leagues, won a SEC C, and whose sent what about a couple of handfuls of kids to the NBA. He's a respected guy, by coaches in the know, even if he's not a favorite right now of LSU board chatterers. LSU is still the flagship school, and well, there's going to be opportunity there for kids who love their state. That said, there is definitely a lot riding on the decisions of the "key" recruits in LA in years to come. Gathers, Bridgewater (2013), Craig Victor (2014), are those key guys. Then, there are those kids like Felix, Martin, Troy Jones, right there supporting them. We can't land 'em all, and yet, we have to land some.

In 2012, there is a certain amount of wait and see, I think. But, you could envision a decent class with alot of the names LSU is talking to. J-Michael Reese (TX), Shaq Cleare (TX), Gathers, Devonte Pollard (MS), Robert Upshaw (CA). As always, its a matter of how some dominos fall. One top kid, pulling along a few other top kids, is key.

I'll also say, that alot of kids have the links through the AAU scene. Bridgewater and Reese play together on the Houston Hoops team. Don't tell me there isn't some good will that has to be earned through Brandon Bass's Elite team... Just got to keep out there and keep plugging and keep hope alive. :yelwink2::geauxtige

6. mrgreen21

Hickeys saying LSU is his leader!
    http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2011/04/lsu_basketball_kentuckys_mr_ba.html
    Maybe he'll pull a Tally and commit without taking any other visits!

7. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I guess call it just a gut feeling but I wouldnt be surprised at all if Hickey committed after this weekend. Plus I think we deserve some good news finally when it comes to point guard recruiting.

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Curious to know how his visit went this weekend. Anybody know? :LSU231:

9. TGer'nLHornLand

10. mrgreen21

I think it's going to be hard to pull someone from the state of AR now that Anderson is the coach...He's going to lock it down!