Hoops Recruiting (2012)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Oct 29, 2009.

1. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

Agree 100%...

2. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

"Spoke to Hill College C John Odoh's coach, Swede Trinklem, and he says Odoh "has always been interested in #LSU and Johnny (Jones)."
    http://twitter.com/#!/randyrosetta

Looks like we got a legit center on the way... 14 rebounds and close to 5 blocks (JC stats) and athletic...CJJ has done a lot in the past month, I'm real excited about basketball...If he can pull Pollard i'm getting season tickets and I live 5 hours away from Baton Rouge!

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I hear Pollards parents flew into BTR with Teri Saban to go house shopping. Awake it for what it is worth.

4. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

So do we take both Odoh & Pollard if we get the chance? If so what would that leave us for next year scholarship wise? House hunting? Really?

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Uh.... yes. Odoh is a true big man, and a rebounding/shot blocking guy. Absolutely need him as a counter to JOB, and fills a big hole left by Justin Hamilton. Pollard, is a McD AA, and legit top 15 kid. With Turner's departure, this clears the way for Pollard to get a lot of minutes at either 3 or a small 4 in a smaller lineup. The house hunting comment is there because reportedly Pollard's mom would have moved to wherever he ends up. She was looking at jobs at G-Town. I think the distance and getting comfortable with CJJ and staff and Baton Rouge is a big factor here. I don't think the Pollard is a one and done, although most kids would like to think this. But, with some strength and conditioning and a good LSU run, who knows.

I assume that by your question, you're asking whether we burn some schollies when we have a potentially loaded 2013 class to slap together. In my mind, in college basketball, "overthinking" schollies and future classes is a waste of time. Get the best players you can get, now, because who knows if they'll be here in a year. Look at Hamilton, Turner. And, frankly, good kids want to play with good kids. If LSU is legit again, with kids like Pollard in the house, why wouldn't Jarrell Martin want to play here? There's always a balance of you want playing time, but CTJ couldn't seal the deal with just playing time. Pollard and J. Martin might play similar positions. But, you want to create an environment of play with the best and compete with the best. If LA kids want to go elsewhere and can't handle the competition, it's their choice. That was Gather's call. I welcome kids like Odoh, Johnny O'Bryant, D. Pollard with open arms.

All I got to say is if this all comes together, CTJ was right... CJJ was the right man for the job.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

If Pollard is Catholic, he should spurn Georgetown because they invited Sibelius to speak at their graduation and come to LSU...who has 100% more Catholics than the one or two they have at Georgetown.

:eek:

7. stevescookin

I think that was the shortest I ever ranted !! ;)

8. Tom Callender

Thanks for the updates.. Maybe we will hear something on Pollard & Odoh soon.

9. Tom Callender

This may be a dumb question & it may be in the wrong place (if so sorry). Why are Junior College recruits not rated with a star system? LSU has from time to time signed some JC players(3 this year) & it seems they never add to the positive total of the class like high school players do. Somebody somewhere must have a opinion on JC players wouldn't you think?

10. stevescookin

Good question...and I have no idea.