Hoops Recruiting (2012)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Oct 29, 2009.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Not as far as I know. I'm sorry if I made it seem that way.

I probably should have added also that all of that assumes no more commitments this year.

2. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

No need to apologize just thought you may have had some inside info...

3. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

What kind of a shot do we have at landing Karviar Shepherd?

4. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Anyone have any info on a center named Okafor? What are our chances?

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

We scouted Okafor and are passing. The talk is right now the recruiting efforts are focused on Pollard, and Kirby is making inroads. Odoh seems like it is going to happen.

Right now our worst case scenario seems to be
    Morgan
    Hammink
    Coleman
    Odoh

and best case could bee those four plus
    Pollard and/or Mislov

If we lose a wing due to attrition we may still offer Swilling Jr.

mrgreen21 likes this.
  6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I am hearing that Jones and Co. have Pollard and Odoh in their sites and, evidently, feel they have a shot at Pollard because of Kirby. Pollard was all set to announce his choice tomorrow but has delayed his decision because he just isn't ready yet. Word is that Kirby is working him hard and has made some inroads; at least enough to make Pollard delay his decision. Will be interested to see if we can get him to campus for a visit. If so, I think we get him.

Word on Odoh is that he is ours. North Texas is so convinced of Odoh going elsewhere, they are now reported to be recruiting another JUCO center names Coleman. Jones wants to sign both Odoh and, in a perfect world, Pollard then save the remaining scholarships for next year. This would give us a nice looking line up for next season and would fill all of our missing pieces. Odoh is a lanky, shot blocking, rebounding type who runs the floor well and would be perfect for Jones upbeat style. Pollard also claims that he is a natural 4 so he could fill several positions for us.

Lastly, I am not hearing nearly as much talk about transfers, especially compared to the past few weeks. Has anyone heard anything else about transfers? I am hopeful that it was more so a result of a new coaching staff and uncertainty surround the change than a serious desire to leave the program. My source is usually pretty accurate so I tend to trust him but please feel free to amend or disclaim anything you have further knowledge about. I keep saying it over and over but Tiger Basketball feels relevant again.

Assuming no transfers and Jones landing Odoh and Pollard

PG - Hickey, Stringer
    SG - Turner, Morgan, Hammink
    SF - Pollard, Coleman, Courtney
    PF - O'Bryant, Pollard, Courtney
    C - Odoh, O'Bryant

This is a very competitive team my friends!

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Thanks for the info. You are right, the team is beginning to feel relevant again. The lineup you show here would be a nice one. Compelling stuff. Look forward now to next season.

8. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Dandy Don has a link to a nice article about LSU basketball recruits - can someone please post it as it names a lot of players that I had not heard of before. I dont know how to do that.. FYI

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

In basketball recruiting news, according to this very informative article by René Nadeau, Coach Johnny Jones has really hit the ground running and is pursuing several players for this year's class and for 2013. The state of Louisiana will be stronger in basketball talent in 2013 than it's been in a while, and with the staff that Jones is putting together I feel good about LSU's chances of reeling in the top prospects.

10. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member