Hoops Recruiting (2011)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Mar 10, 2009.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Nice tidbit.

The unsaid part of the article is that head man Trent Johnson got Marshall's older brother to commit to Stanford, before he took the job at LSU. Miles Plumlee, I believe, then backed out of his commitment at Stanford and went to Duke. I think Marshall and the Plumlee family will at least take Trent's calls. Whether they are deadset on school like Duke (i.e., basketball school with academic pedigree) versus whether Marshall becomes a focal big man, with a proven coach with the ability to get him to the next level and at up and coming program like LSU, will be an interesting question. We at least know where Trent's head is at for 2011... save a 2010 schollie for 2011 and go after a big man.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I gotta tell you, having a 7 footer downlow sounds pretty tempting to me.

3. TGer'nLHornLand

Still think this is a long shot, but for those hoops recruiting nuts, here is a very in-depth article on the Plumlee brothers... including Marshall. Gives you a sense of the lineage here and what this could mean for Trent's 2011 class.

Featherston: Plumlee’s Journey To Duke - Duke University Blue Devils | Official Athletics Site - GoDuke.com

Also, you should note the quotes from Miles Plumlee about Trent. VERY complimentary. :thumb: For the big men recruits out there (including Marshall), pay attention. Trent DOES like big men. And, anyway, does Marshall REALLY want to just be the third Plumlee in NC? :wink:

4. TGer'nLHornLand

So, for all of the rumor mongers out there that may have questioned whether 2011 LSU commit John Isaac's commitment is "firm", TigerBait's recent article/interview with John should put to rest those concerns...

http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=971958

It's a great article, and a great testament to what Trent is building at LSU. Isaac has picked up offers from the likes of USC, Texas and Oklahoma... But, he's taking a "thanks but no thanks" attitude towards them.

Gotta love it, if you're a Tiger fan! :thumb:

Now, we just need Stringer and Turner to keep that positive momentum going... :popcorn: :geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige BE PART OF THE TRENT JOHNSON ERA.

5. TGer'nLHornLand

So, Rivals just released its expanded Rivals top 150 hoops ranking for the class of 2011. LSU's getting some mention/interest across several of the prospects, but depending on whether Trent signs 4 this fall, we're really only looking to add a couple of kids in the next class.

Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting - Class of 2011 hoops ranking expands to 150

Only three offers doled out to this point:

Ky Madden #15, PG
    Marshall Plumlee #41, C
    John Isaac (unranked :huh:), SG/PG Committed to LSU

Others that mention LSU (but have no offers and are probably looking elsewhere):

Wayne Blackshear #18, SG
    Letwann Luckett #60, SG
    Thomas Gibson #111, SF/PF

It's astonishing to me that John Isaac who sports offers from LSU, Oklahoma, Texas and USC is unranked (and no LA players are) by Rivals, while ESPN has him graded pretty high. Hopefully that will change as Rivals scouts get their heads out of their ...sses.

Also, Marshall Plumlee who would be a very good fit and signing for LSU, looks largely to be visiting Midwest and ACC schools, so doesn't look good for the Tigers here.

If we sign Stringer and another wing player for 2010, I see Trent focusing a ton of effort on landing an interior player, and maybe with that focus we can turn a kid that's pretty good.

6. ColtsTigers

ColtsTigers Founding Member

Tger, my guess is that they still haven't seen Isaac play. Last time they did this ranking a month or two ago, that is what they told an LSU fan that asked them.

If we close this 2010 class strong hopefully with Stringer and Turner, I think LSU may only sign two players in 2011. Isaac and a big man. I think they will want to keep an extra scholarship open for the Fab Five crew in 2012. :geaux:

7. TGer'nLHornLand

So, Marshall now also has an offer from Duke...

Marshall Plumlee - College Basketball Recruiting 2011 - ESPN

Will there be three Plumlees at Duke?

8. TGer'nLHornLand

9. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

With 2010 recruiting probably finished and with only one opening for the 2011 team (is that correct?) I would think that LSU will be aiming for a center of some kind. Who is available & who is LSU aiming at??

10. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Going to Rivals & checking on Centers for 2011 these are the top guys not committed listed -
    Tyler Adams - 6-9 225# 4* Brandon Ms.
    Cheir Ajou - 7-1 210# - Birimingham Alabama
    Mike Byron - 6-8 San Antonio Tx
    Angelo Chol - 6-8 205# 5* San Diego
    There are a lot more listed, I just hope we get one good one!! Any Inside Info from anyone???