Hoops Recruiting (2010)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Jun 27, 2008.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Yes. The only question is whether the recruit will wait around to see what happens with Bo. He is able to sign fairly late, and if LSU's really his first choice, he'll have a tough decision to make as Bo's academics play out....

Also, Tigerbait, already has reactions from Justin Hamilton's trip posted... Seems like he enjoyed the trip, and he'll make up his mind soon. Just between LSU and Virginia at this point, and he seemed impressed with Trent's track record with bigs, the facilities and the prospects for this team in the next few years... Good read.

http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1073229

In my mind the bigger get is Hamilton. It's not every day that a 6'11" 250+lber comes around. You've got to think that if Bo gets his act together, he'll be a Tiger next season, and the team likely needs him. If Bo can't get it together, Williams is also there. The question is how soon will Bo/Trent know Spencer's status? :popcorn:

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I know that you don't live in BR, but Jordy Hultberg already announced on the radio that Trent told him that Bo is OFF the team.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

There is a reliable source.:rolleye33:

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Yea, wasn't Jordy hinting that there would be a coaching change in men's basketball coaching recently...

...I don't respect vague hints that may or may not materialize. Covering your azz by not really saying anything but hinting at it destroys credibility just as much as more concrete statements about rumors.

I didn't hear firsthand on the radio so maybe Clair or someone who did can clarify.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Great News...
    :geaux:

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I guess this means either that Bo is gone for good. As to my above Jordy comment... even a blind horse finds water.

8. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

Wow... Nice pick up... You gotta like what you see for the next few years... All of CTJ recruits are said to be good shooters and all have high basketball IQ's... No superstars, no one an done players but players who will be around for 3-4 years and who will buy into a fundamental system... Can't wait!!!!!!

9. TGer'nLHornLand

Though I'm not saying such reports are wrong, technically speaking, Bo does not have to be gone to bring Hamilton in. Many reports say that technically Bass could move to non-scholarship and pay his own way. If so, Hamilton would take that schollie, and Bo could be under a schollie, as long as he was academically qualified. Even as of today, Hamilton wasn't "sure" if he even needed to sign intent papers this Wednesday when spring signing day starts.

Rather, because he's a transfer, he'd just finish up this semester at ISU and enroll at LSU this summer. Presumably, by that time, Trent will know the outcome with Bo' if he doesn't know already. Bass I think, gives him even more flexibility.

As I was saying, Hamilton is the must have, Brantley would have been gravy. if Williams is also still around by late May time frame, LSU might be talking to him too...

Welcome to Tigertown, Mr. Hamilton. Get used to alligator, boudin balls, and a lot of crawfish...
    :grin:

10. TGer'nLHornLand

More quotes from Hamilton...

2theadvocate.com | Sports | ISU center Hamilton to transfer to LSU — Baton Rouge, LA

“I hit it off with (White), he’s a great guy,” said the Alpine, Utah, native, who has been looking for a new school since he announced he was leaving just after the end of the season. “They were on spring break, but he came back to talk to me. He was in a similar situation (in 2010) to what I’ll be in, and I liked what he had to say.”