Hoops Recruiting (2007-2008)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Nov 27, 2006.

1. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I am really excited about seeing randolph next year...he sounds like hes gonna be a stud.

1 person likes this.
  2. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I'm still trying to find a way... it's a Sunday night. There will be a good number of UT fans that make the trek and there are actually a good number of Tiga' fans in Austin. Should be a very good game, although the young 'Horns scare me. At this point, the thought of Lazare trying to guard Durant and Temple guarding Augustin scares me. And, Big Baby will have his hands full with the 'Horns' version of Big Baby, Dexter Pittman.

3. artichokes

artichokes Founding Member

Randolph sounds like Lamar Odom. And their stats seem to mirror each other, too.

I think Mason-Griffin will stay because a lot of those big recruits like to be in stacked classes, and 09 will certainly be one. But Mason, judging from his Rivals photo, doesn't look too enthusiastic about havin someone call his house every 5 minutes. :p

4. ddt

ddt Founding Member

Good stuff...keep the news coming.

1 person likes this.
  5. TGer'nLHornLand

Here's what I think we have working in our favor. Tommy Mason-Griffin, as self described, is a pass first point guard. He's an undersized (at this point) little bullet who's fast and likes to dish first. He's also slowly developing his offensive game. If you look at who Mason-Griffin might have to pass to when he comes, he's got Randolph, DJ Wright, Tyler and potentially Monroe to pass to. LSU's recruiting shooters who can hit the 3. And, look at who's at point. Tack's gone, and Voogd will be a Sr. Mason-Griffin would more or less be LSU's point of the future. I think the only thing that could sway him is LSU between now and '09 decides to pursue another point guard, which annoys Mason-Griffin.

But, I think the staff is thinking, with a "new and improved" Voogd and Temple, we're staying with that line up for a few years at point until Mason-Griffin gets here.

6. artichokes

And Terry Martin. ;) Plus, I heard Randolph played a little point in HS. I doubt he will in DI ball, but that would be one hell of a mismatch for the opposing team. :)

Excellent way to look at things. My first thought while reading this post was, "My God, we're going to be the Phoenix Suns of college." I'm all for it. :D

7. TGer'nLHornLand

Today in the Advocate, a little blurb about J'Covan Brown, who lists LSU amongst Texas, Baylor and 'Zona (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/4872181.html) as suitors. Not sure if this is the exhaustive list, but LSU still has a chance. Makes these games against the Texas teams that much more interesting (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/4872181.html). Texas steals DJ Augustin. Texas A&M lands DeAndre Jordan (and tried to get in on Garrett Green this year). We steal Anthony Randolph.

Brown, if he's really high on LSU, would be a very nice complement to Tyler and Monroe in this class. We would have Temple, Martin, and Voogd in the backcourt as seniors, and J'Covan could get some decent PT, but more importantly would be an impact guard that could play PG and SG. If Mason-Griffin came in the year after, Brown could switch over and play his natural position at SG. Kid can really bomb the 3. And, he can dribble up and launch--doesn't rely on kicking in and kicking back out or screens.

Man, as good as the team is this year, could be we be even better 2 or 3 years from now? Can you say dynasty?

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. SIX NBA LOTTERY PICKS ... AND COUNTING.

8. artichokes

Losing to UT certainly didn't help any. He's a Longhorn.

Luckily, Ray Shipman has had LSU atop his list forever. He's not going to start his recruiment until he's a SR. though.

9. TGer'nLHornLand

Well, being the optimist, I wonder to myself, is that true if the kid wants to play? Texas is well set with young guards, with DJ (frosh) and Abrams (Soph), as well as others. Brown, a shooting guard/point guard, would be a very nice complement to LSU's team. More speed than Temple, with a shot. Allows Temple to slide over to SG. If you see a class of Greg Monroe and James Tyler too, you say to yourself, I've got my passing options set too.

Not saying LSU is the leader, but I'm not necessarily a believer that losing this game is that big of an influencer, especially given how close it was. After all LSU thumped A&M last year, and we still lost DeAndre Jordan to A&M.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

yeah, that improbable 5'7" kid shooting over a 6'10" guy's buzzer beater was a hell of a thumping