Honest Outlook on LSU Football 2022

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Mr. B, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Truth teller

Truth teller Freshman

it's a new world order in cfb. we just don't know what that order is yet or how we fit in. but i'm certainly with you in being concerned about keeping in-state talent in-state. i never expected manning to come to lsu, but it still kind of chaps my butt all these mannings grew up down the road from lsu and not a one of them ever considers us.

lsu-i-like and mctiger like this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The tipoff that they werent is they are now two generations deep raised in NOLA and still sound like rednecks from backwoods MS (first hand observation).

Winston1 and shane0911 like this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

LSU finishing 9-3 is the top end of these preseason predictions. It is a real possibility now.

LSU finishing 9-3 would be sweet.
    LSU finishing 10-2 would be spicy!

Perhaps a 2nd shot at Tennessee.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I would love to finish 9-3 or 10-2, but I just say let's just enjoy this surprising ride because none of us expected this team to look nearly this good. It makes me excited about the future!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Trying to recall my preseason thoughts, I think I expected about 8-4…
    FSU W
    SU W
    MSU L
    UNM W
    AU W
    TN L
    FU W
    OM W

AL L
    AR L
    UAB W
    A&M W

8-4 seems attainable. Winning the west seems possible, which definitely exceeds my expectations. Looking this good on both sides of the ball is a little more than I hoped for.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Don't care how we end up. Keep in mind JD could go down with an injury and we could lose to evryone except UAB. I believe we have totally overachived. 53 scholarship players, many transfers and first year with a whole new staff and we are 6-2. Kelly and the whole staff have my backing. I haven't seen this level of coaching excellence since Saban was here.

BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So using that logic what are your expectations in say year 4 when we should be back to 85 with a full compliment of Kelly's own hand picked players and lots of experience. If we are where we are with what we have...where should we be when things are much "better"?

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We are already competing with everyone so far in the SEC with the exception of Tennessee. We will compete with Bama in two weeks but I am not expecting a win but we have a chance. We are doing this with a depleted roster. 4 years from now I expect us to be competing with Bama and Georgia on and even keel.

Swerved and Chipeace like this.