Honest Outlook on LSU Football 2022

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Mr. B, Jun 20, 2022.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't know what the philosophy is, and I never expected us to get Manning. Losing Holstein to Bama sucks though, and having the safety from New Iberia go to Texas is really concerning.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Could be, I'm not worried yet as it is still early. I would expect that a lot of these kids are in "wait and see" mode, at least that is what I tell myself to believe. I think if the team comes out and does well it will open up things on the recruiting side.

I wouldn't even mention Manning, pfft, whatever. The others I'd have to say are clearly about $$$. The good news is there is no way satan has much left in him. Has to be what, 71 now? I still think he is a purist at heart and this has to grate on him so it can't be long before he picks up his truckload of cash, gets on a boat somewhere in Fl and sails off into the sunset. Things should level out after that. I also believe the NIL thing will kick up for us as well. Read something about a law that was recently passed in La that somehow gives us an NIL advantage that a lot of schools (gumps included) do not have.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I heard a Nick Dias podcast about this the other day, but what bothered me is that he Alabama and Florida had similar laws, but repealed them. I'd like to know why they repealed it.

4. shane0911

Don't know, I'd have to dig into it. Alabama and for sure Fl are republican led so I'd be interested to find out. If it was political then I'd say there is no chance La follows as long as Edwards is in charge.

5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Of the three, the safety would be be biggest loss. Fortunately these kids have a totally different understanding of the word commitment than you and I. Lets wait and see how both LSU & TX are trending near the end of the season. If Kelly is successful in generating a lot of positive vibes or should TX implode, we might be able pry him lose without even having to outbid them in NIL $.

6. shane0911

Damn near a given

Hou-duco likes this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I wouldn't worry too much about recruiting right now. We're dealing with teenagers and NIL/transfer portal and there is still a long way to go until signing day. All you have to do is visit a recruiting site and every day another player is decommitting. As LSU fans, we know things can change quickly (look at baseball), so I'm going to take a wait and see approach. I trust BK has a good plan in place.

mctiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Losing Arch to Texas seems meaningless at this point. He'll likely play one year in the SEC for them at most. And we are LOADED right now at that position. I can't see Manning ever beating Walker Howard out while he's here. As long as we pull a high end QB in next year's class, we'll just reload. Holstein to Bama is not fun, though. Have a feeling that will come back to bite us, even though, again, I would rather have Howard than him.

TBTrumpet likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Good week for recruiting but not a lot of state kids. As long as they’re SEC talent, I kind of like the new staff going out of state. We need a culture change and keep only the kids who love the game… Stingley cough cough.

tzanghi likes this.
  10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Is there another group of college coaches anywhere in the country that can compare to the recruiting job Kelly, Mulkey, Johnson and McMahon have done? This is the first time I can ever remember LSU recruiting at such a high level across all four major sports. It's a great time to be a Tigah!

Mis'sippi Tigah and Hou-duco like this.