Honest Outlook on LSU Football 2022

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Mr. B, Jun 20, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I hear what you're saying, but don't look past Auburn. I think their HC is a lot better than people are giving him credit for and they also have the former A&M QB that I think is a pretty good QB. Say what you want, but his play was a big reason the Aggies beat Alabama last year. I think A&M isn't going to be as tough as last year, simply because they still have Jimbo as HC but they also have no QB with any experience. When was the last time a young QB with no experience came out and dominated in the SEC West? There haven't been many at all because surviving the shark infested waters of the SEC West as a new, young QB isn't a task most survive.

Pjoe likes this.
  2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

7-5
    Lose to Fla St. Win the other 3 non-conference games. 4-4 in conference.
    Win- Miss St., Tenn, Ole Miss
    Lose- Alabama, Florida, aTm,
    Toss-ups Auburn, Arkansas

3. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I just don't think those two (coach & QB) alone will beat us. Auburn is thin and I feel the Aggies have better athletes...but that's just me. LSU/AU is always a tough match regardless of all other factors. I think we win but I still believe it will be close as always.

CagedTiger likes this.
  4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I still believe we beat Auburn, but it's not going to be as easy as some fans think. With the exception of Penn State, they have a cupcake early schedule and could be undefeated (4-0) when we meet. Also, Auburn's first five games are all at home, so if they're still undefeated that's going to be a tough road game to win in front of a hostile crowd on national tv.

Pjoe likes this.
  5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Huh? A&M does have a QB with SEC experience. They have Max Johnson who beat them last year playing for the good guys. That said, I believe that LSU’s QB room is in better shape than either A&M’s or Auburn’s. I agree with your assertion that A&M will regress because they have Jimbo and, well just because they are A&M. And the addition of Calzada @Auburn will have TJ Finley sitting back on the bench (where he belongs).

shane0911 likes this.
  6. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Thinking that 9-3 is a realistic possibilty with Kelly's restoring order to the program.

Swerved likes this.
  7. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I'm not in the easy crowd either.....like I said it's LSU/Auburn!

8. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

According to ESPN's FPI, LSU is projected to go 7.7 - 4.4 and is ranked #4 in the SEC.

It's funny how little difference there is between Auburn, LSU, aTm, and Ole Piss.

9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It will be interesting to see how Max pans out and I wish him the best. I think the timing just wasn't right for both LSU and him. Had LSU had a better OL and not so much off the field distractions, I think he could have been a very good quarterback at LSU. I did read that the Aggies were sending him to the Manning Camp, which schools typically only send their starting QBs. I will be very impressed if Max can hold off Weigman because he's the best QB prospect I've seen in many years.

10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I agree on Weigman. Max might start, but seriously doubt he finishes the season. Think Weigman will give us & everyone else problems for as long as he's at A&M.