Honest Outlook on LSU Football 2022

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Mr. B, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Mr. B

Mr. B Founding Member

So for the folks who have been following LSU Football closely since the new coach has come on and things have hopefully started to settle in.
    What is everyone's honest take on the coming season? Not your LSU to the bottom of your nutsack diehard we gonna win everything outlook (There is always one)

Perple and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

8-4. Hopefully we keep the win streak going against Florida and beat FSU like a drum.

MobileBengal likes this.
  3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I feel like 8-4 is the baseline. 7-5 is a disappointment and 9-3 is a success.

TigerSnarl, Hou-duco and TBTrumpet like this.
  4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm thinking they will go 9-3 but if they went 8-4 I would be ok with it.

5. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

This is a tough one. It is really difficult to get a bead on this team right now. They definitely have some hosses. But, it’s very difficult to come up with a scenario where everything gels so quickly that the team goes past nine wins. On the other hand, it’s not like this is an inexperienced coaching staff with lots of talent surrounding. It’s an experienced coaching staff lots of talent surrounding. I’m with others who say eight winds is a pretty good season. Above eight and I’m ecstatic. Below eight, I can take it. but it better change fast.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

how will the depth hold up? First 11 will be stout, but after that….

7. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Is there anyway to know how CBK would compare the talent on this team with his best teams at Notre Dame? There's no doubt he came here so he could recruit better talent than he could at ND is he already seeing that?

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I'm thinking 9-3 or 10-2, depending on how well our QB and OL play and how our LBs and DBs play on defense. Our QB doesn't have to carry the team, but he does have to play well enough to keep other teams from loading the box. As far as OL, they need to play at an extremely high level in the run/pass game or it could be a long season. Having a balance attack is going to be key this season! Defensively, we have a lot of new faces out there that are not proven, but very talented. The defensive line will definitely be our strong point. Our LBs/DBs are going to have to gel quickly as a unit because LSU faces a lot of very talented QBs this season in Young (Alabama), Rogers (MSU), Hooker (Tennessee) and Jefferson (Arkansas). The good news is we don't face an elite QB until week three against MSU and week six against Tennessee, but both are at home which should help. I'm excited and ready for the Kelly era to begin!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

9-3 seems to be the general yardstick. Anything less considered failure and anything more considered improvement.
    Going to be interesting to watch.
    Either way we should be able to tell if the players are buying into this coaching staff about half way through the season. If they do, look for some improvement this season. Typically taking a step back in year two and then making more forward progress in year three as recruits get into place.
    We needed some changes in the culture and that takes time. Think Kelly can do that and win but the NIL thing changes a lot.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I think we lose to Bama & Ole Miss at Home and win the rest in Tiger Stadium. Auburn is a train wreck and I think we win that one on the rode. At FLA, ARK, & Faggieland we struggle. Fla could be a win just by the fact that I think our talent is better but aTm is loaded and want payback so I think that is a lost. With that said I see 4 or 5 lost season as the bottom if we want to be realistic. There is the potential to go 10-2 like most have said but that would be the best case I think. I'm really worried about Ole Miss with our depth in the secondary and kitten chunking it downfield all night. His qb looks good from most reports that I heard. These unknown are always tough to predict....but then again it is our tigers so who the hell knows.

I think with Kelly's discipline alone we win the ones we supposed to, just don't really know what kind of horses we have yet.

lsu-i-like likes this.