HOLY F***. Trump just fired James Comey.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, May 9, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Keep wishing.

Meanwhile we are still waiting on evidence of collusion.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't know the guy or much of him. I don't hate him, never have. All I know, is if the shoe were on the other foot, the Hillary impeachment hearings would already be scheduled.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Well yeah she's a lifelong crook.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

So you sound rational.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Hilary lost, get over it.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Trump did not fire the FBI. He fired the Director who was just in over his head. If any of you think Comey was integral to the investigation, you don't know how the world works. Hell, he was in LA giving a speech, hardly the role of a guy reviewing transcripts and such, when he got fired.

Having said that, a special, independent prosecutor is long overdue!

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's more of a perception thing. Which is why I say the dude has stones. The last time a sitting president terminated someone that was investigating him....... Nixon.

8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

And let me be clear... the reasons Rob Rosenstein listed in his letter firing Comey are almost entirely accurate. Comey DID break DOJ rules, overstepped his authority, and compromised the DOJ's necessary public perception of integrity and impartiality when he conducted his July 2016 press conference that smeared Hillary Clinton. You DON'T hold a press conference to make insulting comments about a person under investigation if you found they did nothing criminal... PERIOD. Rosenstein, to his credit, looks genuinely incensed that that happened, and he validates what all we Clinton defenders were saying at the time. Rosenstein also condemns Comey's October letter to Chaffetz, as he should and as all rational people did at the time.

I feel no sympathy for James Comey. He's a snake who deliberately affected the presidential election in favor of another snake, Donald Trump. His reward for that bit of scummery was getting bit.

BUT...

Rosenstein, himself, couldn't fire James Comey. That's Trump's decision, and if anybody believes Trump did so because of Rosenstein's stated reasons is a damn fool. Trump applauded Comey for his October letter, and also after inauguration publicly praised him and affirmed his full confidence in him. But now Trump feels the walls closing in, and is afraid that Comey is going to publicly hang him. This is a blatant attempt to stop the Russia investigation, and you can expect Trump to nominate some stooge in Comey's place. It will be interesting to see if Republicans hold their country or their Cheeto Snatchgrabber in greater esteem.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Winston1 likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Turned out well for him didn't it. Not a smart move IMO. He's wasting political capital like a drunken sailor and putting the Republicans in a tight spot.
    Trump's poor preparation and ignorance is dogging him and his lack of discipline is creating problems when he needs to gather his thoughts and act like a president rather than a reality show host.
    This won't end well for him.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Or Comey, at least he could have died with his integrity in check.