Hold on to your jimmies

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

This trial is not directly about collusion in 2016. It seems to have two purposes. First is to punish Manafort for his sins. There’s the sin he’s accused of in money laundering and tax evasion. Then there’s the sin of not cooperating with Mueller. It seems he set himself up with his own words.
    The second reason is to show Manafort, Gates and others had a connection to the Russians (he worked for the pro Russian candidate) and were as corrupt as hell. This is one of the predicates to building a collusion case against Trump. It only will show Manafort had connection with Putin’s organization so there would be one potential path to collusion.
    The stakes are high for both Mueller and Manafort. If Manafort walks Mueller’s case is wounded likely mortally. If Mueller wins obviously Manafort is screwed but that only the first small step for Mueller. It doesn’t prove collusion or anything about Trumps actions. It may give Mueller leverage on Manafort to turn in return for a light sentence but otherwise is only another small step in the path to collusion and Trump.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

robert-mueller.jpg
    "I miss you Winston"

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

What a deep and intelligent response caca....just what I’ve come to expect from you. Well done.

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

But it was funny

Winston1 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Actually the judge flat out said this had nothing to do with Trump or the campaign and not to even bring it up.

I dont know how you equate back taxes for Manafort to TRUMP colluding with Putin....

Oh what it must be like to live in your brain... Delusion.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Apparently you have reading comprehension issues. I made that my point right off. I’ll say it one more time slowly.
    This trial will NOT determine any collusion. Satisfied????
    It’s a tool Mueller like other prosecutors use to put pressure on Manafort or establish a link between the Trump campaign and Russia.
    You are suffering from a new form of PTSD, Pro Trump Stupidity Disorder. Get help, form a support group with CaCa.

7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

And its ok to prosecute someone to do that?

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Good question. It is and has been common practice by prosecutors at all levels for many years and it’s how the justice system works to get well insulated targets. Mueller is doing nothing new or precedent setting.
    If you want to start a debate on that form of prosecution then realize it’s has been used to break the mafia, business racketeering etc. if you think it’s wrong morally or legally I hope you are consistent and would have to same issue had it been used to get HRC.
    Think about it and if you want that debate start a new thread. It’s not a question for this action it’s a well established principle.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

It will never be used against Hillary. Nothing will be used against Hillary, EVER!

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Apparently.