Hoist Pulley Wheel Block & Tackle Question

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUTiga, Oct 29, 2018.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Grew up with a front end loader around and a chain hoist but never used one of these. Looking for a way to be able to load big game in my truck, by myself, with just something I can trhow over a good branch.

My question is will this allow me to be aboe to lift a 300 lb. pig with ease so I can back my truck under it?

upload_2018-10-29_18-42-16.jpeg

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yes.

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Thanks. I started out looking at something similar before coming across the block and tackle. So much less space to store, etc.
    I hve so much shit in my truck during hunting season, the other day I picked up a hitch hiker and didn't have room on the passenger seat and had to grab shit and throw it in back seat. A day later I saw a guy walking and on way back he’d walked about 5 miles. Was going to give him a ride too but said phuck it cause I didnt want to throw all my shit in the back again.

If I go that route it will probably be like this. Rotates 360. Can drop the gate.

[​IMG]

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Pretty kinky stuff, even for you, but check the weight rating first. That thing is rope, so find one that has a cable. Should last forever.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

No cable necessary. Just need a rope rated for the dead weight you will be lifting. In the pic you showed, if I counted right, you would have a 7:1 mechanical advantage. Thus, to lift a 700 lb pig, would take 100 lb of effort. Simply count the number of pulleys/ropes, not connected to the weight you are lifting. A 1/2" nylon rope is rated at over 700 lbs working load.

el005639 and LSUTiga like this.
  7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I prefer cable over rope cause I've had my ropes cut before. Never again

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The ones mechanics use to lift engines out of cars with have chains.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Have either of you seen the new winches for trucks? No cables, synthetic rope. We can argue semantics, but Tiga wanted something easy to throw in and out of his truck. 1/2" braided rope will lift anything he shoots and is much easier to deal with than cable.

onceanlsufan and el005639 like this.
  10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I agree with the winch idea. You can get a 1500-2000 lb winch with remote that will allow you to manipulate the hog while you raise or lower. But if your bent on manual ... I’d get a boat winch ... cheap, cost about $20, easier to use and will lift bout anything you can kill.

Bengal B and KyleK like this.