Hog Trapping

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 16, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Got 3 today. These were two smallest (about 40 and 60 lbs.). They brought out another one about 150 lbs. I was the cook (fish courtboullion on an open fire) so didn't stop and go get a picture of it when they strung it up.

Had some first-timers with us. Were going to let the kids (HS guys) knife them. One kid did knife one and the catch dog tore a hole in the other ones head. Looked like a bullet came out. It's on the opposite side. Not sure how they stopped the 3rd one. I haven't been feeling well and was trying to cook and be done. Wouldn't have gone but yesterday I was out there with the old fella helping work on his 4-wheeler roads and he asked me yesterday if I would cook.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I'm putting a door on a new trap today. Gonna paint it up and prolly put it out Thursday. I left this one long at 10-1/2'. The others I built at the typical 4'X8' size. I'll let you know what happens.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

What pisses me off the most about these pigs is that its dumbfuck rednecks that have been the greatest cause of them spreading across the South... Some idiot thinks they can set up a honey hole by letting a few hogs loose in a national forest, next thing you know the place is over run and the hunters are nowhere to be seen.

LSUDad, Bengal B and LSUTiga like this.
  4. LSUTiga

Against the law too. If I had to choose an animal to have my place overrun with though, hogs is sum dam nice eatin. :D

LSUDad and titoabad1 like this.
  5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

You really need to clean up all that garbage in the background, are those feathers?

6. LSUTiga

Yes, feathers. Remnants of 400 plus geese they killed over the season. Not my camp though. It's a primitive camp of sorts. No running water/electricity. Wood-burning stove for heat. There is a well that is started every so often to fill 55 gallon drums. Lights from 12 V battries. Not a place for women. Red would love it.

7. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Look, I'm no Phil Robertson but I know enough to know snow geese don't land in tree's or in the swamp covered with trees.....don't worry I won't tell Mr. Green Jeans.

and no tigerchick at that place, but I get it.

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

Nah, that's where they clean 'em. Camp owner has son/grandsons. They had a lot on their property and would creep them. "Creeping Geese" is "sneaking up" on them. Was against the law at one time but allowed again years back because the population is off the hook.

I could've killed a heap of them across from my house. At night I could hear them, thousands. In the morning they'd get up and go to fields a half mile behind my house. Tiga don't creep geese.

Two weeks or so ago, the grandfather told me they needed to get some more cause they didn't have a lot "put up" (freezer). I laughed and said, "Oh yeah cause 400 sum what, DEFINITELY need more. He says, "Yeah but we gave a lot of them away."

Bengal B likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

she uses the creeping moniker on you. shes very well aware what it means in that context.

400 not enough. greedy mfs.

anyone got any robins. pm me.

LSUTiga and tigerchick46 like this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I haven't eaten a robin since I was 15. Not sure about a Robin. Maybe not ever.

LSUTiga likes this.