Herman Johnson a Tiger

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TigerLifer3, Jan 18, 2004.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

He is not joking, this rumor is very real its all over the premium boards of Tigerbait.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Seriously?? How did we make such great headway with this guy?

3. jo3269

jo3269 Freshman

I think all the Adrian Peterson talk is aimed at OU lurkers. I can't imagine why Peterson would want to come to LSU with the stable of running backs that Saban already has. Not that I would mind having him on the squad, I just don't see it happening.

That being said, I do hope that the Tigers get a committment from Herman Johnson.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not a word at OUBoards.

5. conradj

conradj Founding Member

link

I think its pretty much BS

6. DJ

DJ Founding Member

The Peterson rumor is probably just BS, but I don't think the info on Herman Johnson is incorrect. I think Johnson is a Tiger, which is a very good thing.

I have heard and seen the info on Johnson repeated in several places that would not be useful for jacking around with the OU faithful. I think we have at least one and possibly two other commits from this weekend's visitors. The QB from Daphne, Al is said to be another commit, but there is less confirmation of that than on Johnson.

I just hope we get Darity or Braxton, either of whom would round out our OL class in spectacular fashion, and get either X-man or Hawkins at WR.

Tony Bell would be a nice pickup at DB also, and it would not surprise me if he becomes a Tiger.

7. max

max Founding Member

Peterson would come in with significant playing time. Peterson does not have to worry about the players in front of him at his prospective schools. I have seen our guys play, and I have seen him play. He is on Vincent's level. He would move ahead of Addai and share time with Vincent.

That said, I'll believe that he is coming to LSU when I see it.

8. miller

miller Freshman

It was definitely a joke...

a red-herring for OU lurkers that could only read the subject lines. Peterson will not be a tiger.

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Johnson will be a Tiger.

I wish I was joking ... 6'7", a 5.5 forty and 393 lbs ... we'll see what he reports at in august, and if he's heavy, they'll kill him in practice. He needs to get down to 325-330 by August.

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I remember seeing Melvin Richey wilt under the (barometric) pressure, practice, coaching, and competition back during frosh drills in 1999...

I will say this, though...400 pounds moving at a rate of 40 yards every 5 and a half seconds is GETTING IT for that size...