Hawthorne or Vilma?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Not a chance. I'm probably the best looking man that I've ever seen.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

What I'm thinking is that the Jets traded Vilma to the Saints because they had switched to the 3-4 and he didn't adapt well. He's been a 4-3 MLB since he's been here...why would we think he will handle the 3-4 this time around? Stick with Hawthorne.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Remember, he is a gump, but tirk is right. He probably did you a favor, but I can see how that would sting a little. I agree that he's another one that should be gone to clear up cap space with Jenkins and Vaccaro. I'm actually surprised they kept him this year, although he has played better than the previous 2.

IMO, here's what they need to do to clear cap space for Graham.
    1. Drew restructures (he's on the record as saying he would. ultimate team player)
    2. Release Ingram although if we can get a 4th rounder for him, it would be a steal
    3. Release Harper, Smith, and Vilma. I love everything they've done for the team, especially in '09, but this is strictly a business decision. Remember, Victor Butler is still on the shelf and is younger and an up and comer at LB. He's also better suited for Ryan's D then Vilma and especially Smith.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    Cajun Sensation likes this.