Hawthorne or Vilma?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Oct 30, 2013.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Although he hasn't been activated yet, Jonathan Vilma has been cleared to play and has been practicing with the team. When he is activated, does Ryan start him or Hawthorne? Hawthorne has been playing well, so you gotta believe he'll continue to start. Plus, Vilma is not in game shape yet, so it would seem to make sense to ease him back into the lineup. Even when he's back in shape, I think the job is Hawthorne's to lose.

In fact, I'll go a step further and say the Saints should probably part ways with Vilma when the season's over.
    I hate that it would come to this because I love everything Vilma has brought to the team, but the fact remains is that we have to free up cap space to re-sign Graham and Vilma has missed significant time from injury the last few years.

Thoughts?

2. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

My thoughts are Get rid of that dead wood running back from Bama can't we get something for him!

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's a given

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

When Vilma was at his peak, during the SB year he was incredible. Now he's not worth keeping. Each passing year he's diminished more & more. I'd love him to come back and play like the Vilma of old, but dude doesn't have it in him.

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I agree here.

I also think we should part ways with Roman Harper. Especially because I saw that MF'er at Barcadia after the Saints/Dolphins game a few weeks back. I was very cool and passed him in the hall where I was going to the bathroom. I said "What's up, Roman? " and went to shake his hand. This motherfucker held his hands up and said, "I just washed my hands." and kept walking.

At first, I didn't think much of it.....but the more I thought about it, the more I was like, Man fuck that guy. Soon he will be a backup on some bullshit team's roster somewhere in Oakland or something. He should feel lucky that someone even recognized his grey headed ass. Slow piece of shit can't cover a cough.

Ok, sorry. He hurt my feelings a little, that's all.

tirk likes this.
  6. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

They'll work Vilma back in gradually. Then hopefully make a decision on who plays based on who's producing more. More likely , they'll do what most teams do - play the guy with the big name becasue playing a no name guy would mean you are wasting money on a big name that can no longer play at a high level. If Vilma stays past this season it will be very disappointing becasue that money might be better spent elsewhere if he's got nothing left in the tank after so many injuries. But remember that he did agree to a huge pay cut ($3.8 million) to say with the team and help them with the cap. So did Will Smith ($6 million) They shouldn't forget that.

BTW, I don't know that he's a germ freak, but I saw Harper do the exact same thing to a couple of guys back in '09 after the Cardinals playoff win. We were at Morton's and he was there with family. Obviously lots of people wanted to talk to him and offer congrats and he was gracious and was signing and taking some photos. But not shaking hands with anyone. I guess he didn't want to eat with hands that have just touched your filthy meat beaters becasue he doesn't know whose butthole you just fingered. Understandable IMO.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rade-over-jonathan-vilma-in-rob-ryans-defense

Herb, fanatic and tirk like this.
  7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

yeah, but I was walking to the bathroom. I hadn't even touched my anteater at that point. Also, there was a guy in the bathroom giving warm damp clean rags and cologne and shit for tips.

8. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Maybe by your look he pegged you for a booger picker or an ass scratcher? I dunno.

fanatic likes this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Hawthorne has found his place in this new 3-4 defense.

Vilma may come in to spell him, but that's about it.

fanatic likes this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Shaking hands leaving a bathroom is probably not best. Plus his hands were prolly wet anyhow.

Vilma can lead as a coach on the sideline. Hawthorne and this d should be left alone. For now.