Hawaii @ San Jose State game INTERESTING

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Oct 12, 2007.

1. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure that along with a Notre Dame loss to Syracuse also helped us leap-frog USC.

2. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

Whew......... Thanks Askew. Thought I was the only one on here. We'll take the Hawaii fans any way we can get em'.:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  3. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

My mom was born in Hawaii. My grandfather was stationed there and my mom is actually named Holly Eva which is supposed to be after an island there somwhere. I think the spelling is a little different though.

I was looking at Hawaii's schedule it looks like the only tough teams ya'll got left are Boise and Washington. Fresno might put up a fight but it's "winnable." Wouldn't mind a darkhorse in the BCS again.

EDIT: Brennan threw 75 passes? What?

4. hawaiitigers

hawaiitigers Freshman

My wife grew up in Hawaii, so voila! I moved to the middle of the Pacific Ocean too!!

June Jones has done an outstanding job with the Warriors. His contract is up for renewal this year!! He may be seeking a better coaching gig, like Pac 10, or perhaps an SEC job-that's the rumor over here on the local sports radio. He's the highest paid public employee in Hawaii and he only makes $800K/year. Hawaii is having trouble increasing his salary. That is ridiculous!

He's putting out an incredible amount of good NFL players because of his old NFL connections while he was headcoach in the NFL. I rate how good a college team is by how many football players make it to the next level. June has that talent.

Are Tiger's fans interested in June Jones?

5. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Maybe A&M fans....I bet $800K goes a lot further in College Station than in the Islands......

I hadn't thought of this angle....

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

With all due respect to Coach Jones, I don't think so.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Actually, I'm pretty certain that we needed a Boise win to put us in. Not positive but I went back and looked at Hawaii's schedule and seem to remember that.

8. mauitiger

Hey Askew, Just got up. It's 7:30 over here. Man I had no idea there were so many La - Hawaii connections on this board. Your mom is named after a surfing town on the north shore of Oahu. It's spelled Haleiwa. It's pronounced just like your mom's spelling (Holly Eva). As far as the Warriors, judging by what I've seen against La Tech and San Jose, we could lose to anyone. Most of our remaining tough games are at home. Nevada on the road is gonna be questionalbe and then Boise. We'll see.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

FWIW...if you are worried about Nevada being a tough game...you don't belong in the top 25.:thumb:

10. mauitiger

Agreed. We really don't have any business being in the top 25. Not yet anyway. Not until we beat SOMEBODY.