Have You Ever Met A Celebrity

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUGeauxTigers1, Jan 26, 2006.

1. MemphisLSUTiger

MemphisLSUTiger Founding Member

Chapel Hill, NC in 2003, stayed at the same hotel as the UConn basketball team. Met Coach Calhoun and Emka Okefor. Both seemed like decent guys.

2. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

Met Ron Howard a/k/a Opie, a few times. My wife and his wife are 2nd cousins and his late father in law and I were close friends. Distant cousin to Stevie Nicks, who I have never met. I doubt Ted Kennedy would be considered a celebrity to most on this board but have met and spent a couple of hours with him.

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

One of my roommates while in service was named Verderber. His younger brother played four years at Kentucky (BB)

B. Spears little sister plays softball here in town. See her and her Mom lots then.

Was in the "round" at the Pentagon when President Johnson awarded a Congressional Medal of Honor to a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines at the same conference. First time in history that had happened.

As I was reading this forum, Marcus Tillman's Dad came in to mail off some pictures. We talked about Marcus's recruitment some. He said they were getting ready to leave Ala. in a couple of hours. I told him about TF.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I flew to Atlanta Wednesday and returned today. The ULL ladies BB team was on both flights.:D

The one sitting directly in front of me was quite fetching, but seemed somewhat enamored of the girl sitting next to her.:hihi:

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I guess that was one of those new-fangled planes what with the fuzz bumpers and all...

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

6. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

My roommate and I work for Sherwin-Williams....but 2 different stores. Weeman apparently owns a house in Prairieville and was repainting it recently cuz my roommate took a picture of him with his cell phone and sent it to me. As for me, back when the old nasty Wal-Mart was still alive, i used to see Skyler Green there a lot. I have also had classes with various LSU athletes like Jon Zeringue, Randall Gay, Matt Liuzza, Ryan Patterson and Cameron Vaughn. I also took a biology test with Jarvis Green before too.

7. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Ha----------I worked for Sherwin-Williams automotive paint supply when it was located on Choctaw drive......(around 1970/71) Had gone under last I heard.....................

8. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Work at the Johnny U Golden Arm Restaurant (Orlando) as a Soph. in HS. "Met" Csonka, Raymond Berry, and a few others. Best was when Mr. Unitas himself walked in the kitchen late one night after close and asked if I could fix an old QB something to eat. Wearing jeans and a torn t-shirt, he was just a regular guy. That is, if you can call one of the best of all time at anything a regular guy. I talked about an hour with him. Oh yeah, Prime Rib on White and Fries.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I sat next to Randy Owen (lead singer for country band Alabama) at a Nicholls St. baseball game a couple of years ago. His son was the first baseman for Samford at the time

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

And yet here you are, on a message board chatting w/ a bunch of strangers. Go figure.

To quote Kris Kristofferson, Martin:
    "You're a walking contradiction
    Partly truth and partly fiction."