Have You Ever Met A Celebrity

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUGeauxTigers1, Jan 26, 2006.

1. LSUGeauxTigers1

LSUGeauxTigers1 Founding Member

As a lot of you already may know, since Katrina, there have been some movies going on here in Shreveport. Kevin Costner, Ashton Kutcher, and Demi Moore are all living in Southern Trace out by my house. Well today at work, Jimmy Fallon and Kevin Costner came into my store. Had a chat with both of them and Fallon bought two six packs of Heineken. Costner was a real cool guy and posed for a few pictures with people while in the store. So my question is...has any of you ever met anyone famous? Movie star..athlete? Explain.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I met Crystal Gayle once. Her head came up to my sternum.

3. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

LOL...That big Ruben dude from Americam Idol was at a Bama game. He sat in the media seat right in front of me. Pretty cool dude.

...Nothing else though. :(

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I met John Brady in Walgreens on O'Neal Lane a few months ago. :hihi:

5. ddt

ddt Founding Member

Used to play ball at the rec with Master P and his brothers. First time I played against him he was guarding me and fouling the **** out of me, but I never backed down. Had a few conversations with him the more he would show up and he ended up being a cool guy. Then I heard he got banned from campus so never saw him after that.

Saw Snoop and the rest of the No Limit Soldiers there as well...played against Ron Mercer once but I don't guess he counts as a celebrity. My wife grabbed Lenny Kravitz at a Red Chili Peppers show and he looked surprised, rightfully so. Met Counting Crows' lead singer at the same show.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

James Carville

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I worked at a liquor store on Nicholson Drive near the old Prince Murat Inn when I was in college. One night I sold a bottle of wine to Leonard Nimoy. He really isn't all that tall.

When they were shooting "Everybody's All American", I sat at the counter at Louie's with Timothy Hutton and we talked over breakfast. He was really interesting and loved Louie's breakfast. He came in almost every morning.

When Shaq was a freshman, I sat at a table next to him at the old Blimpies on State Street. He wasn't an international superstar then, but he was damn sure Big Man on Campus. We talked while we ate our po-boys. He was very friendly and talked about cars a lot.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have seen various celebrities over the years, but i would never talk to them, as i am not a people person and i would rather eat dirt than talk to most people. when people make small talk with me it is torture. however if people actually have some reason to talk to me, i love to talk. but i cant imagine i would ever have a reason to talk to any famous person, so we will leave each other alone.

9. ddt

ddt Founding Member

I forgot to add that I witnessed a famous R&B singer (who name shall remain anonymous due to legal issues) and his body guards beat up a couple of my buds at a local health club for no good reason. He was playing a show that night but fled the state after the incident. He is a bum and I despise him.

10. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

My uncle is best friends with Billy Idol and I spent a weekend with them in Covington back in '91. Very cool guy and definitely a rock star.

I met MC Hammer at a Saints game back when Neon Deion was a free agent before he went to the Falcons.

I saw Julia Roberts from a distance when they were filming the Pelican Brief in New Orleans.

And I sat across from Britney Spears' mom and little sister (who is going to be hotter than Britney....yeah I'm going to hell for that one) on an airplane this past December.

Good times.